搜索
教育王國 討論區 聖保祿幼稚園 St Paul Kindergarten Interview 29-1-11
發新帖
查看: 35518|回覆: 12
go

St Paul Kindergarten Interview 29-1-11 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-1-27 13:29 |顯示全部帖子 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Interview on this Sat la - any preparation for that?

Is it no question for parents? Just the child go inside themselves?

Finally - this is the LAST interview of us!
   4    0    0    0

2#
發表於 11-1-27 22:45 |顯示全部帖子

回復 9# twinsmummy 的帖子

what's your time? Our is 9:30.

the letter said school has no space and pls only arrive 5-10 min earlier. And they ask only 1 parent go.

I think the process will be very fast.

3#
發表於 11-1-27 22:49 |顯示全部帖子
we don't go inside so really don't know what happens - whether the baby perform good or bad. maybe I put a recorder inside my son's pocket...hehe!

don't know when will the result be announced?

4#
發表於 11-1-28 13:31 |顯示全部帖子
Oh! this is contrary to my thought!

I think SPK is the top 1 aspired KG for girls in HK Island.

5#
發表於 11-1-28 13:33 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 夢B 於 11-1-28 10:31 發表
唔好話interview問咩,我只怕阿女連自己入去都唔肯,已經係細b,仲要超怕羞,都係冇行啦

You can tell her she just go inside for 2 minutes and answer teacher's question, then she can get something she likes from you when she come out without crying.

6#
發表於 11-1-28 23:54 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 wiman 於 11-1-28 16:01 發表
有無人知如果讀完幼稚園, 係米所有學生要重新考過面試, 才有機會上小一架?

If you can go into SPK, no need to worry - they will accept all into P1 - including SPK, and the two SPNs.

7#
發表於 11-1-28 23:58 |顯示全部帖子
my son is the kind who would rush into the room and don't want to leave. He will not cry. But he just play the toys on the table without responding to the teacher's question. He will be fully attracted by the toys.

So eventhough some babies don't cry, doen't mean they will perform well inside the room.

Anyone knows how many students in the room?
Is it baby come out one by one? Can the parents look through the glass and see what happens inside the room?

8#
發表於 11-1-29 17:26 |顯示全部帖子
THis is the fastest interview of all. Although many people in the entrance (around 200?), I arrived just 5 min before and immediately squeezed through and go inside. There are many different color of forms and perhaps for showing different rooms. 2 rooms on 1/F and maybe also 2 rooms in 2/F. We went straight into interview and no waiting time.

There are only 3 kids in my group - don't know why so few? there are also others sitting on the chairs outside the classroom. They get all the windows blocked to avoid parents seeing what happens inside.

There are three teachers in the room all sitting around a few tables . There are a basket of Lego and a basket of plastic toys like flowers - these are teaching materials of KG - I saw them in interview class before & my son knows how to play. No other cards/interview toys or equipments.

We stood high to see into inside - one teacher was asking my son questions while he played. She keep on speaking to him and write down something. I cannot see if my son answered. They came out after 6 minutes. So I believe there is enough time to assess as it is one-to-one for 6 minutes - she already can ask many questions.

When he was doing the interview, the teacher outside check everyone's birth cert. & Baptism certificate & mark down for each name. Seems they are very concerned about the Baptism Cert. & I can see many people there have Baptism Cert.

My son can only tell me put back the toys & he was not able to tell me others.

I think they mainly test the cognitive thinking by asking follow on questions & small motor skiills. No parent question so definitely they are looking for the ability of the kids themselves. To me this seems quite fair. And also explains why most of the offer went to big girls.

So we stayed just around 20 min in the KG. Then we have a tour to ST Paul Convent school and discovered the indoor swimming pool. It was a nice school campus.

For boys, I think it was less than 10%. All the girls dressed up very pretty.

We met the sisters on our way back - they said for those who cried and those who us trollers - they will not be accepted. (BTY, I don't know why people still use trolley to go for interview.)

Good luck to all the girls here!!

9#
發表於 11-1-31 00:51 |顯示全部帖子
in my group, three babies went inside. all of them are not afraid and no crying. they come out together although went in at different time.

I also feel that the baby's mood is affected by the large no. of people struck at the entrance of the school. Even myself feel astonished and uneasy.
tHE school can definitely improve on this arrangement. becasue they ask the parents no need to line up.

i also forgot the baptism cert and bought the wrong birth certificate. but the teacher said it's OK since I have submitted the copy at time of application.

The yellow paper the teacher marked down has 5 columns - first and second is Birth Cert and Baptism cert original. - anyone see what are the other three columns to be filled in?

10#
發表於 11-1-31 13:20 |顯示全部帖子
I saw two basket on the tables. One is Logo and the other seems to be  雪花積木 (http://www.cutieshop153.com/detail.html?product_id=95a4a764ad6d679417ce6bf76058a6a0).

This is a kind of 幼稚園教學桌面玩具. is for testing the fine motor skills. It is not easy to play for the first time. I know it because I played this in the interview class.

Actually why the babies cry so much? are they already go to nursury which also go on their own?

The teachers take the children into the room so we really don't know if the baby did not respond well - they can just nelgect them instead of keep prompting them.

Anyone knows the no of boy in a class?

They are really looking for smart and independent girls with good speech ability and good reasoning. To choose 180 from over 2500 applicants, they should be able to find the ones they like.

11#
發表於 11-1-31 22:16 |顯示全部帖子

回復 93# sas180180 的帖子

I saw the people going for the interview - less than 10% is boys, perhaps only 5%.

Near the school, we saw some sisters - because my son is Catholic but he never see sisters before, so I ask them to say hello & good morning to Sisters. They ask my son is boy or girl. My son said boy - then they said you must be the son of Doctor! I got the impression she means that usually boy will not apply. But Doctor's (St Paul hospital) son may apply bacause they can sure win.

12#
發表於 11-1-31 22:19 |顯示全部帖子
Anyway, overall I feel the school campus is big and nice. The classrooms are very spacious. Teachers seems to have experience (not very young ones).

13#
發表於 11-2-8 13:04 |顯示全部帖子
Perhaps the other way round. No cry doesn't mean PASS but cry means Fail.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題