發新帖
查看: 15360|回覆: 16
go

2011-12 Year 1 students [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-6-29 16:48 |顯示全部帖子 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Hi Parents,

Nice to meet you all.

My girl is joining Year 1 in the coming academic year.

So excited!!
   1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 11-7-3 17:52 |顯示全部帖子
I also share the same thoughts with the principal. I would like my daughter to study in a local school but with as less stress as possible.

I heard that there are P1 students who need to repeat due to their English level not being up to standard, so while we think we can escape from the duck feeding system of most local schools, we still need to be aware that we have to keep our kid's language ability up to certain level.

I think CKY is not as 'hea' as outsiders think.

3#
發表於 11-7-5 16:49 |顯示全部帖子
1st in - 9 or 23 Oct
2nd in - 29 Nov

4#
發表於 11-7-19 17:38 |顯示全部帖子

回復 12# PeeKaPoo 的帖子

I bought SPI Active. I didn't like the one from the uniform company that's why haven't bought it.

It is quite hard to find a decent blue one from other brands like Lego (with logo and characters) or Seven, these are famous for being light weight. Finally SPI seems to fit the colour requirement.

[ 本帖最後由 Bunnytown 於 11-7-19 17:40 編輯 ]

5#
發表於 11-7-20 10:23 |顯示全部帖子
SPI is not as light as the other two, but given the colour restriction, I think it is lighter than Dr. Kong. Seven only has one in plain blue but it is quite big, it costs over $1,000, but it is very light and people said it is very durable, you can find it in Barocco in Lee Garden II or Ocean Terminal. Lego is also light but with a lot of patterns so it might not fit school's requirement, you can find in Jusco or Sogo.

I don't know much about the shoes as I only bought the ones from school's parents day.

原帖由 PeeKaPoo 於 11-7-20 00:37 發表
thanks! 2boysmami

Bunnytown,
u mean Seven or Lego is good with light weight? where can i find them?
Is SPI also light weight?

我聽聞學校地下同樓梯成日會好濕, 大人都好易"sin"襯, 你地知吾知邊庶有超級 ...

6#
發表於 11-7-21 15:36 |顯示全部帖子
I bought SPI Active in Jusco, the sales said there are Small, Medium and Large sizes, I bought Medium as recommneded by the sales which can cover A4 size but for F4 size need to fold a little bit in left & right edges.

7#
發表於 11-7-22 16:52 |顯示全部帖子

回復 34# 2boysmami 的帖子

Hi 2boysmami,

Maybe I was not very clear, the SPI sales for the entire buying process she was comparing different styles so she mentioned the sizes to me as Small (other style, can't remember exactly, maybe Smart-lite), and Medium (Active) & Large (Active).

So I think I bought Active 細d size 嗰個.

8#
發表於 11-7-26 17:46 |顯示全部帖子
最近身邊認識的家長都在討論讀邊間學校,可能都係來自傳統幼稚園所以大家都會上一些傳統名校,被問到時我說CKY, 他們都沒什麼反應,感到有點outcast, 大家在談論如何扣門,如何找補習班... 感覺自己是非主流,我想要習慣將來遇到外面的家長都好難搭咀傾哪些話題,不過,這就是我當初選 CKY 的原因: 不想太多功課,測驗,孝試壓力,在啟發性的學習環境中讀書。
I wish I have made the right & wise choice.

9#
發表於 11-7-29 12:30 |顯示全部帖子

回復 42# cookieng 的帖子

My girl's kindergarten also 有直屬私小, that's why other parents wonder why I gave up but chose other school (especially not a 傳統 school).

It's glad to know you all, so far at least I have this platform to share/talk to other parents with the same choice.

10#
發表於 11-8-12 11:05 |顯示全部帖子
I just called the school, we will know which class our kid is allocated on that day, they will have a board on the ground floor with class details.
On that day, the student should wear summer uniform, is it the dress (for girls) not the PE uniform, also the passport size photos in unform is also the dress (not PE uniform).
Look forward to the orientation day!

原帖由 appleng 於 11-8-12 09:17 發表
校網出了呀!係27號10-12點!你去睇睇詳情。

11#
發表於 11-8-25 15:36 |顯示全部帖子
Did anyone receive a call from the bus company? My friend lives in Tsing Yi, she received a call today her pick up time is 7:50, but me & my other friend who lives in Tseung Kwan O haven't receive a call yet.

12#
發表於 11-8-31 10:59 |顯示全部帖子
My class teachers said it is better to let the children to be familiar with the school bus drop-off points in the first few days, therefore I will let my kid take the bus.

原帖由 Cecilia818 於 11-8-31 09:40 發表
頭两日你地會带返學定搭校車呀?

13#
發表於 11-9-2 11:32 |顯示全部帖子
My girl told me when she got off the school bus there were teachers guiding them to go to her own classroom by herself.

She told me last night she was super happy with the school, she was quite concerned on her teacher's words because she reminded me a few times what the teachers told her to do.

My girl is in 1D class, anyone in the same class? There are more boys in this class.

14#
發表於 11-9-3 00:04 |顯示全部帖子
Hi PoolPool, 16072005, nice to meet you, it's good to find some classmates here.
My girl told me there is a so called daily 'wonderful student', teachers choose the best behaved child and have the name written down on the board.
Just curious, are the English teachers from the other classes native English speakers (for me is someone that spent majority of their formative years in countries such as US, UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand)?

15#
發表於 11-9-3 13:10 |顯示全部帖子
If her first language is English, even if she is a local, I would classify her as native speaker, for me first language is the language that a person can manage with the most vocabulary.
I am not questioning the quality of the English teachers I am sure they are all with good qualifications otherwise school won't hire them , but just wondering are the majority overseas recruited? I heard last year, there was a class that changed three English teachers throughout the year, two went to some other countries. I know this happens very often in other international schools especially kindergartens, just hope it will not happen to my girl's class (fingers crossed!).

16#
發表於 11-9-3 16:59 |顯示全部帖子

回復 98# poonseelai 的帖子

I heard one teacher had to leave because of family reason, the replacement did not adapt to HK's lifestyle and left after 2-3 months.

[ 本帖最後由 Bunnytown 於 11-9-3 17:01 編輯 ]

17#
發表於 11-9-7 16:56 |顯示全部帖子
Hi PoolPool,

Please check PM.

Thanks

原帖由 PoolPool 於 11-9-6 16:44 發表
Thank you,PeeKaPoo.
爸爸俾囝囝選擇,佢話想搭校車,仲話遲些會習慣。所以現在都係搭校車,不過就要八點準備上床瞓覺。
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖