發新帖
查看: 5659|回覆: 1
go

IB students to US colleges [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-10-26 14:40 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 20# acdad 的文章

acdad,

Well, if it is not the money problem, why not complete the IB DP for entering a regualr U in US.  She will have a better study life.

A lot of people are saying 2 years community college & 2 years U would have the same 'cert' but save a lot of money & time.

Does your daughter agree to your plan?

Yau Mum

p.s. I always think from the views of the kid first.

2#
發表於 10-10-28 17:05 |顯示全部帖子
Dear acdad,

I do agree with you.  I did study in US & I am familiar with their system but I sure different students would have different path.

As you said that most of the parents are using IB DP as a stepping stone, too.  

It may sound successful in disclosed cases; I read one report on some Bristish newspapers with very bad comments.

I have also heard of one good thing about IB DP, the students are good to adapt long essay assessment in 'U' as they start earlier than others. (another 'good' learning point 嬴在起跑點上 but I do not totally agree as Asian learn more difficult thing and earlier than the western students, so Asian also beleive Western study is earlier and can get better grade - it is from my points of view only)

Good luck to your daughter.  She is luck to have parents like you two have independent thinking.

YauMum

原帖由 acdad 於 10-10-26 21:01 發表
Hi YauMum,

Thanks for your comments. Appreciate your concern.

Actually,   my wife and I had studied in CC and transferred to a 4 years U in US before we studied in our graduate school in US.

Frank ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題