教育王國 討論區 海外留學 Tonbridge 的 conditional offer 捖笨
發新帖
查看: 6773|回覆: 4
go

Tonbridge 的 conditional offer 捖笨 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 14-1-3 18:57 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 HIHinsurance 的帖子

They really favor local school students over international school students so seriously? My son applied for Year 10 in 2014, was put on the top of their waiting list. I was told that he did excellently in Math paper, and pretty well in English paper, but yet not competitive enough to 'beat' his 'competition to get the place (only 3 places for Year 10).
It's not fair not giving a chance for the IS students to try a more difficult paper. My son actually is doing pre-calculus math of EPGY already (Grade 10/11 math in the US?), so I guess he might be able to get a high mark for even the extended math paper, but he wasn't offered a chance!
Anyways, this is the brutal reality of the real world! Maybe it's good to let the kids experience it earlier.

2#
發表於 14-1-3 19:05 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:HIHinsurance 的帖子

Btw,  no science paper for tonbridge year 9 and 10 entrance exams wor

3#
發表於 14-1-3 20:41 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:happypapa 的帖子

no one told us we can ask for the high level paper.  I did not know there are two papers before we took the exam.  we were very upset when we got the result,  but now 回心一諗, 當我阿Q, maybe this is 天意/緣分,if the school strongly prefers LS students,  my son really may not be their cup of tea,  as he has been studying in IS since pre school.  he might have serious hard time competing with the LS elite students there in UK top schools.

Btw,  反而 Charterhouse asked the students if they are native in English so to give them higher level English paper!  I did not know the "trick" when filling out the application form though, and made the mistake of letting my son did higher level English paper and lower level Math paper, while his capabilities in these subjects are actually the other way round (I.e. strong in Math,  weaker in English)

4#
發表於 14-1-4 14:07 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 peter_pan 的帖子

peter_pan,
what's your viewpoint in this issue? would love to know.

thanks

5#
發表於 14-1-4 17:29 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:Choisumwong 的帖子

I am the one who 中了招!只報了兩間,仲要係year 10!

‹ 上一主題|下一主題