搜索
教育王國 討論區 根德園幼稚園 2009-10 K2G
樓主: cookiegg
go

2009-10 K2G [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 10-1-11 14:18 |顯示全部帖子
Dear all,
I asked my son again and he said that he was only frightened by the loud and angry voice of the homeroom teacher. Maybe Ms Chiu has been nice and with soft voice, he was shocked when heard her voice turned loud. =="
Yes, cartoon9, I don't like the grading when this affected the mood of my daughter since K2. She took the grades too seriously, probably she got the pressure from the class teacher. Even we as parents do not care about the grades in kindergarten, the teachers would tell the students to strive to achieve 3 stars, A grade. This is stress to some students. Therefore, I keep reminding myself to monitor closely the emotion of my son and hope that he would take the pressure positively. We cannot stop the teachers from putting pressure on them.... <sad>.

原帖由 cartoon9 於 10-1-11 12:27 發表
Hi all,

I am too busy these days... So many things to care about...

I didn't heard from Andrea about the "scolding".  However, I found she acted in a different way these days when I asked her to do  ...

42#
發表於 10-1-13 10:57 |顯示全部帖子
Hi cartoon9,
Your daughter is such a clever girl that she is able to tell you things going on at school.
My son didn't tell me about the assessment to be taken place this Friday and I had to take the initiative to ask and remind him.
It is difficult for us to anticipate when the assessments are done but I guess they will do big papers on Chinese and English next week. Not sure of the Numbers paper though if Andrea mentioned that the assessment would be completed on Tuesday. Maybe the students will do 2 papers in one day.
Anyhow, I think the school must have done sufficient revision with the students before they start doing the big papers.
Add oil.
原帖由 cartoon9 於 10-1-13 09:56 發表
Music "exam" last Monday.  Andrea said she was asked to sing the "rabbit song" and then follow the rhythm and clap their hands (1,2,1,2...)

Andrea told me on Monday that the assessment will start thi ...

43#
發表於 10-1-20 11:30 |顯示全部帖子
My boy was happy last night that there was no homework to do. I let him play the online English games and watch TV last night. I reminded him that he would have homework again this evening. He said that he would be good and study hard again.
He told me that there was new seat assignment yesterday. He is still in blue group.
Cheers.

原帖由 cartoon9 於 10-1-13 16:26 發表
Per Andrea (and according to the normal practice), this Friday will be Maths and General Knowledge, Monday will be English and Tuesday-Chinese.  I believe the schedule for this week will be very tight ...

44#
發表於 10-1-22 12:59 |顯示全部帖子
Hi cartoon9,
I don't have specific plan for the celebration of Chinese New Year. Maybe take them to Disneyland... always want to go with them... I think I want to go there more than they do... But will think about that later in early Feb as I need to study with my daughter for her primary school test and quiz and dictation and assessment, etc. this weekend. Primary schooling is not easy nowadays...
I haven't prepared for the Lunar New Year decorations and clothes for my children yet... aya...

原帖由 cartoon9 於 10-1-20 11:39 發表
Hi all,

Thanks God that the assessment is over now.  I did have some hard times with Andrea over the weekend.

Without any homework to do, Andrea was happy too.  She said she could enjoy her dinner n ...

45#
發表於 10-1-25 13:11 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Alvin's mom,
I did spare some time to look at the prospective primary private schools and DSS that I might apply for my son over the weekend. A list of around 10 schools. I don't know if I have the energy to take him to so many schools for interviews but... there will be crash of interview time among schools, therefore, we should apply for more schools just in case.
Any 'heart water' school? I prefer the private schools in Kowloon Tong so that the secondary school placement will be in Kowloon Tong as well.

原帖由 Mom-to-be2005 於 10-1-25 10:11 發表
Yes, Andrea is really a smart girl.  Alvin didn't tell me about the seat change until I asked about it.  He confirmed sitting next to Andrea and Chloe.

I also haven't started the search, merely think ...

46#
發表於 10-1-26 15:56 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Alvin's mom,
I will not consider the DSS in TKO as it's too far away from my home. One east, one west to me...
Do you know if Musang primary a private school or DSS? I would like my son to try try. Musang will start primary admission in June 2010.
Cheers.

原帖由 Mom-to-be2005 於 10-1-26 09:33 發表
Hi Alex's mom,

Yes, I share your views.  I would also try the private schools at Kln Tong.  Some friends also told me that DSS in TKO, like GT, Logos, 播道 are also good.  What do you think?

47#
發表於 10-3-4 15:40 |顯示全部帖子
Hi George's mom,
Please check pm.

原帖由 momoxu 於 10-3-3 14:40 發表
Thanks, Alvin's mom.. I got our PM and have marked your number.  I will contact you shortly.

For others, hope to receive your reply for the invitation to George's mobile number.  

Much thanks
Moni ...

48#
發表於 10-4-22 12:09 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Andrea's mother,
How are you? Andrea is so smart that she tells you things going on at school. After reading your post, I asked Alex and he said the same as what Andrea told you. Of course, not as detailed.
I think I need to practise more numbers with him. Math at KV will become harder and harder. Have you enrolled Andrea in any supplement courses out there?
Ah, have you guys started planning on P1 admission yet?
I think I need to start drafting the profile for Alex BUT I have nothing much to put in it.

原帖由 cartoon9 於 10-4-22 11:41 發表
Hi all,

Long time no see and chat.  How are your kids doing?

Andrea told me that they started to learn "補數" i.e. there are 2 balls now, how many more balls do you need in order to have 5 in total  ...

49#
發表於 10-4-22 18:14 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Alvin's mom,

Thanks Alvin for the compliment. I like to draw. I let Alex to do the coloring work. I am happy that Alvin paid attention to my drawing lei. = )

原帖由 Mom-to-be2005 於 10-4-22 14:57 發表
Hi all,

Yes, Maths will be harder from now on.  In fact, I also found that the standard required for their Chinese and English writing is also higher than before the holiday.

Hey, Alex's mom, Alvin  ...

50#
發表於 10-4-22 18:22 |顯示全部帖子
Hi cartoon9,

I start enrolling Alex in Kumon. I began to realise that speed and accuracy are important after my daughter started her primary one education.
ENopi is also popular too. We really need to get our children prepared for primary education.
Thanks for your suggestion. I will play more number games with Alex then.

原帖由 cartoon9 於 10-4-22 17:49 發表
Hi Felicia726,

Andrea is currently having her E.Nopi class every Thurs morning.  What attracts me in E.Nopi is just the critical thinking part.  KV is very good at basic maths.  Miss Chiu has once to ...

51#
發表於 10-6-3 13:00 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Charlotte's mom,
I believe most of the old girls of MCS found it hard to see the changes of this school. Primary schooling is not fun anymore, it's so stressful. I mean my P1 and P2 were so happy and easy, yet, nowadays, P1 is already like war. I was angry and frustrated, now that I learn to live with it.
KV English standard is not good enough for Maryknoll. I was just too late to realise and let my daughter suffer. Actually, KV is hard but cannot meet the pace or standard of MCS anymore. Not like a few years ago...I found out that most MCS P1 got tutors, they took Enopi or Kumon for Maths and phonics classes and read lots of books to achieve good English standard. Parents need to do a lot for their children. Maybe I was just too naive to think that MCS was still the good old Maryknoll that children didn't need to study much in P1.
原帖由 bon_bon 於 10-6-2 13:52 發表
It's nearly the end of the term now and I only find this topic today!  My daughter Charlotte (可人) is also in K.2G.

Felicia and Andrea mama, I am also a former Maryknoller and I am planning to put C ...

[ 本帖最後由 Felicia726 於 10-6-3 13:02 編輯 ]

52#
發表於 10-6-7 00:11 |顯示全部帖子
Hi bon bon and Andrea's mom,
Andrea's mom is smart that she knows how MCS is like before her daughter's primary schooling.
Hm....I went to Maryknoll kindergarten and already had tests and mental back in kindergarten, but I think not as difficult as KV. And P1 tests were manageable, I think we didn't need parents to closely monitor our school work back then. Now that parents are the teachers too.
I think phonics class for English is good and don't need to worry too much about the oral part as Maryknoll really has its method to improve your daughter's oral English. However, you need to improve your daughter's reading skills. Both English and Chinese. 3 books per week or twice a week from KV is not enough. Read with your children more often and let them learn to read on their own. Pupils need to read test papers questions and understand the meaning of vocab and stories, etc.
Anyways, if your children are clever and fast learners who are good at speech, they should have no problem adapting the primary schooling at Maryknoll.
Cheers.

原帖由 bon_bon 於 10-6-3 13:22 發表
Hi Felicia,

I can't agree more with you.  Not sure about your time, but when I was in MCS primary, we did not have exams until 2nd term of P.5.  Primary school life was really fun and enjoyable for m ...

53#
發表於 10-6-8 14:30 |顯示全部帖子
Hi cartoon9,
Teacher also placed a note in the handbook asking us to get the materials and information for the year end project and to be submitted this Friday. And yes, you are correct, this Friday should be a school holiday. Anyways, I will submit that this Thursday or next Monday. What's the topic that you need to work on? We got assigned to do the lobster. I wonder what's the value of lobster, need to get information from the internet. Funny is that we just ate lobster last weekend at a dinner gathering.
Why your daughter drove you crazy? According to my son, Andrea always does well in class.
I just hope that my son would not make careless mistakes during the assessments.
原帖由 cartoon9 於 10-6-7 23:49 發表
Hi all,

Tmr will be the last day of assessment.  Thanks God that it's going to finish... I really feel exhausted when revising with my daughter.  She really drove me crazy over the weekend...  :anger ...

54#
發表於 10-6-9 14:09 |顯示全部帖子
Hi cartoon9,
I put the lobster information in the folder last night. My son kept telling me his classmate turned in the materials already, blablabla, I don't want him to bug me so I got it done last night. =p
You can actually relax because I believe your girl will be allocated to Maryknoll in the first round with 25points. My son needs to work hard to get a seat with private school and/or DSS. My son is not too happy because he can't study at Maryknoll~

原帖由 cartoon9 於 10-6-9 10:05 發表
Hi Felicia,

I've checked with the teacher.  We need to hand in the materials on thursday (i.e. tmr).  Andrea's topic is also lobster.  She asked me to get her a real lobster, ate the meat and bring t ...

55#
發表於 10-6-25 14:11 |顯示全部帖子
Hi cartoon9,
Did you spot my son in the classroom today? My son showed me the class photos and told me who was Andrea and Charlotte. = )
My son was all happy and rehearsed the play at home once in a while. Then, I remember that my daughter didn't have the K3 graduation end of school party last year. Still feeling sad about it. My daughter also looked disappointed when seeing her brother rehearse the play at home.

原帖由 cartoon9 於 10-6-24 16:34 發表
Hi huenhuenma,

Yes, there will be performance today and tmr.  Andrea told me that not everyone will be acting as the dancing children and 咖啡杯, some will be acting like butterflies.  Andrea is very ...

56#
發表於 10-6-29 13:14 |顯示全部帖子
Hi cartoon9,
Thanks for letting me know that my son is happy at school. I am quite surprised to find out that he is quite sociable. = )

原帖由 cartoon9 於 10-6-28 10:27 發表
Hi Felicia,

I saw your son too.  He's very happy chatting with other classmates.  He must have had introduced his sister to Andrea cos she can told me your daughter's chinese name and that she is now ...

57#
發表於 10-8-16 12:44 |顯示全部帖子
Hi, my boy will go to 3B.
Yes, long summer holidays, I think the school let the K3 children have more time to prepare for the P1 interviews.
Cheers.

原帖由 huenhuenma 於 10-8-15 10:32 發表
昨天剛收到學校的信件,暄暄會讀3A班。
3-9/9這個星期不用上學,這個假期真悠長!

58#
發表於 10-8-17 13:48 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Charlotte's mom
My time slot is 10:00 am. See if I will run into you when our session ends.
I hope that the 3B homeroom teacher will be as good as Miss Chiu. My elder daughter didn't get to have such good teacher as Miss Chiu when she was in KV.
Cheers.

原帖由 bon_bon 於 10-8-16 23:39 發表
Hi Felicia,

Charlotte is going to K3B also!  Let's keep in touch in the coming year!  (as I am not always reading BK, I am also giving you my email via PM)

We will be attending the registration at 1 ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題