教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 DGS vs St. Mary's 邊間好啲 ?
發新帖
查看: 19349|回覆: 2
go

DGS vs St. Mary's 邊間好啲 ? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-6-8 14:02 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Beautyangel 於 09-6-6 19:18 發表
感謝天父! 阿女派到第一志願: (St. Mary's), 之前DGS都收咗佢, 請問各位媽咪邊間好啲? 請問有冇人喺St. Mary's 讀緊? 入邊啲老師, 同學同家長點咖? 壓力大唔大? 多謝晒 ! ...

When the author said "感謝天父! ", I believe he/she is a Christian (Protestant).  If so, it is easy to choose the school with the same religion and in this case, it's DGS.

From my experience, St. Mary's also produces graduates whose English is not bad - during my days in F.6, one of the schoolmates was from St. Mary's.  Though we were not in the same class, I remember that her spoken English was quite fluent b'cos we met in the inter-class debate competition.  Actually, their debating team combination was quite strong (Maryknoll, DBS and St. Mary's).  Fortunately, we narrowly defeated them

[ 本帖最後由 cornelius 於 09-6-8 14:08 編輯 ]

2#
發表於 09-6-9 14:57 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 overview 於 09-6-8 14:58 發表
係以前既事, 呢十幾年St. Mary係英文debate未攞過第一.

I can't agree with you if you consider only those who excel in English debate competitions as proficient English communicators/users.  After all, there is only one winning team in a competition.

3#
發表於 09-6-9 18:54 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 overview 於 09-6-9 15:30 發表
當大家時時講番以前d人讀邊間..邊間..係好叻成績好, 我會話係以前囉! 有無家長真正去了解其課程呢 ?

我係睇過而家st. mary英文既程度, 課程同其他津校/私校比較, 係好不足, 唔夠全面.

While I have reservation in your way of determining a school's English standard merely by way of its curriculum, I believe we should also look at attributes such as the teachers, language environment, etc.

Anyway, I think our discussions here have gone much far off the topic.  Back to the right track, I must declare that I do not have a firm grasp of the pros and cons of the two schools, though DGS does LOOK more appealing to me (which is based on the comments from third-parties not even necessarily having a relationship with DGS).
‹ 上一主題|下一主題