發新帖
查看: 7208|回覆: 2
go

St. Stephen (Stanley) Interview - Oct. 9 &10 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-10-7 11:24 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 angelhair 於 10-10-7 10:28 發表
My interview with St. Stephen's will be on Oct 23 only

Did you request the interview in English?

2#
發表於 10-10-7 11:44 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 thomasha 於 10-10-7 11:27 發表
The school told me candidates to be interviewed in PTH or English will be interviewed earlier.

My friend's daughter is more conversant in English and so her dad requested an English interview for her.  The school said there were no more available timeslots on Oct 9 & 10 and hence offered the interview to be held on Oct 23.  It's nice to see the school is so accommodating.

3#
發表於 10-10-11 14:21 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 thomasha 於 10-10-11 01:24 發表
Process of this year's 1st interview:

1. Parents and child arrive at the registration counter in the hall.  The child takes the interview notification letter (after being checked by the registration  ...

Thomas,

You really run the risk of disclosing the interview format/questions again as St Stephen's will be interviewing some other kids on Oct 23.  Anyway, I do appreciate your enthusiasm to share (while I would also like to share but can't do so b'cos my kid was not reluctant to talk much after the interview.  After all, he's not been feeling well for the weekend and was taken for an ENT appointment this morning).

However, I wish to raise two observations during my encounter yesterday afternoon.  

(1)  At the drawing table

After my kid sat down for drawing, a father accompanying his son who was weeping along the way.  I didn't know why but I felt sorry for this kid.  Surprisingly, the Asian-looking English-speaking teacher (a lady) responsible at that table (Table 3) did not seem to be caring though and asked the daddy to stay with the kid.  After minutes, the kid stopped weeping and his daddy sat down at the waiting area while keeping an eye on his son.  But minutes later, the kid cried again and that lady kinda instructed his dad to take him for a walk and wash his face in a rather blunt manner.  I wonder why this lady had been so impatient with the kids.

(2) During school tour

My wife and I were received by a pair of G.4 and G.5 girls.  They used PTH to tell us about their school (orchestras, choirs, overseas visits, etc).  While the G.5 had tried her best I suppose, her PTH was quite fluent, but not as expectedly good as we had thought b'cos it still carried a no. of wrong pronunciations probably affected by our Cantonese dialect (e.g. 初 of 初級, 聲 of 聲音, 是 of 是的, etc).  The G.4 girl's PTH is better though (perhaps their oral English might be even better as St Stephen's is an English primary school).  Anyhow, they demonstrated responsibility, courtesy and love for their school, and most importantly proudly took up as school ambassodors to greet strangers on a Sunday.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題