搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 終極抉擇!{英華}自由講!!
發新帖
樓主: fanwong29
go

終極抉擇!{英華}自由講!! [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-1-28 19:25 |顯示全部帖子
Thank God that our son is admitted.  Now we need to think whether to take the offer or not ....  

It seems a hard nut to crack to make the decision.

2#
發表於 11-1-31 15:11 |顯示全部帖子

回復 134# thomasha 的帖子

I'm really flattered b'cos your thanks also goes to me.  Actually I don't consider myself a good contributor here in BK.  Anyway, it's good to know so many good buddies here as we experience together the ups and downs of the "game" of P.1 application and more importantly share unselfishly the information and some need-to-know stuff before attending the interviews (not necessarily YW).

I wish this will go on as long as BK is here, so that the new moms and dads will find it a rewarding visit everytime they come to BK.

Btw, we have made the decision to choose YW for our boy as we have experienced the peace and comfort from God in reaching it.

For those who are still waiting, may I wish the good news will come to you soon.

3#
發表於 11-1-31 16:07 |顯示全部帖子

回復 174# Camom 的帖子

Dear Camom,

Thank you for the message and your encouragement in the past.  Hope is always there for the one who has faith and love.  Ganbade!

cornelius

4#
發表於 11-2-2 10:31 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 thomasha 於 11-2-2 00:34 發表
今天近中午已往學校辦理註冊手續,不用久等,約5分鐘便完成。職員說,現時小一每班可達31-32人,所以取錄了160人。
另外,在門口碰上一位同被取錄的男孩的父親並交談了幾句,不知是否也屬BK家長呢?:) ...

Unfortunately, it's not me.  I registered with YW on Jan 31.  Tks for informing us of the reason why the intake figure could go up to 160.

5#
發表於 11-2-2 10:33 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 thomasha 於 11-1-31 18:59 發表
Honest parents (and children) will eventually be rewarded, even though there may be disadvantages in the short run.  Your case is a perfect example of such an instance. :)

Very much agreed!

6#
發表於 11-2-2 10:41 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 4in1family 於 11-1-31 19:31 發表
shannonchan, 到6月會再有位,因為有人真係會去LS,Feb14個星期都關鍵,因為DB同SPCC收左既都未必讀,仲有的在HKisland住的家長可能最後都無註冊..希望的人唔讀就唔好去註冊,咁waiting家長就無咁苦。因為註冊費只是$400,相信有 ...

Not necessarily.... my wife told me the following.

A family is considering among SPCC, St Paul's (Boys) and YW.  The daddy likes YW a lot, though we think they would go for SPCC eventually.

Another family worries that their son, who's now with CCKG and got accepted by DBSPD, will have a hard time in DBSPD and is considering their another favourite school - YW.

7#
發表於 11-2-2 11:16 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 jeremyphlam 於 11-2-2 09:34 發表

不過話時話,英華未有小學時係冇咁多人討論,只是一間很低調的傳統英中...... ...

Well I had good impression of the school b'cos one of my elder brothers studied in YW College.  During the college time, he sometimes shared with me how his teacher corrected the class' pronunciation of some easily mispronounced words such as "ancient", "southern", etc.  

As a big contrast, I had much reservation on the quality of teachers from gov't schools: I graduated from a famous gov't school near HKU.  When I was in F.3 my then English teacher read out the word "recipe" like "re-sai-p".  As a boys school, we didn't have home economics class but I remembered how my sister pronounced that word and therefore I knew my English teacher was wrong.  

Teachers in fact come and go in gov't schools setting (they will stay in a gov't school for some years and then switch to another).  It's good, however, in respect of its students of similar banding who collectively in my time strived to study hard....  This is hopefully one of the reasons to choose YW for our son to have good companions with similar background (e.g. boys who likes reading) through 100% "screening" by the Snoopy Headmistress.

8#
發表於 11-2-2 16:24 |顯示全部帖子
Thank you for your sharing!  Btw, I don't quite get what you mean by the following (as extracted from your quote).  Do you mind elaborating it further?

原帖由 smartcar 於 11-2-2 16:04 發表
I don't think few interviews could judge the ability of an age 6 person.

9#
發表於 11-2-2 16:27 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Chloe.Mat 於 11-2-2 16:20 發表
Congratulation to all who got the offer from YW! My son is studying in P.1 now. He loves YW very very much. He is enjoying the happy school life, team spirit and learning a lot from there. Enjoy your  ...

Tks for your sharing.  I believe the community of YW parents is yet another attractive asset demonstrated in BK.  I hope my wife and I can experience it later face-to-face in the days to come

10#
發表於 11-2-2 17:59 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 thomasha 於 11-2-2 17:45 發表
You're most welcome.  I was just nosy enough to ask the person handling registration there.

The father I met could be anyone.  It's a pity that it was not you, but we might meet some time in the futu ...

Yes, we'll meet sooner or later as long as our sons go to the same school

Best wishes for the Year of the Rabbit to you and all BK mommies and daddies and families !

11#
發表於 11-2-19 19:16 |顯示全部帖子
My wild guess is that fanwong29 thinks you are the Snoopy Headmistress disguised in a male BK name.

原帖由 jeremyphlam 於 11-2-19 14:22 發表

原帖由 fanwong29 於 11-2-18 14:57 發表
上一次我串錯YW個字時,妳立即更正我,這時已覺得妳似一個人,妳喺唔喺好鍾意Snoopy公仔呀?Miss Lam....!  

???
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖