樓主: mickychow
go

那間 直資 / 私立 是真正活動教學?   [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-9-9 13:30 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Charlotte_mom 於 09-9-9 10:55 發表
我女係讀港大同學會
有唔少新辦既直資都辦得唔錯架!

Between Logos and HKUGA, which one that you personally prefer?

I know a mum whose daughter has just transferred out from Logos to gov't sub school, she said the academic standard at Logos could be quite difficult.  Parents have to spend quite a lot of time on their homeworks as I supposed their homework demand lots of information collecting and analysis?

daisy17772

2#
發表於 09-9-14 17:23 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 avbee 於 09-9-14 10:39 發表
活動教學?  forget about it.  It sounds better for the kid, once they get into secondary school, can they catch up?
dictation / vocab. / alot of reading / heavy exams and test.....?

f you are in USA / Canada / Australia  活動教學 which is ok.  Because there primary school and secondary school can emerge smoothly.....

i remembered that when i was young, and moved to US, the math, phyic, chem ...etc were very easy to me which i learned in HK (i guess that HK selibus has at least 2-3 yrs ahead than them)

Well how much a student's academic level is ahead of others I would think it depends on which school she's from in HK and which school that she studies in overseas.  To me, I studied band 1 eng school in HK and got into the one of the top tier high school in Canada, the academic level for math was more ahead in lower grade, then the gap gradually diminished at higher grade.  Furthermore, in US/Canada, apart from Math that Asian students had significant advance achievements, there were a lot more subjects, like international studies, which required students to have global perspectives, come up with analysis and opinions, and to be able to make presentation in English.  From this aspect, I really don't see HK students have major advantages.

When talking about University studies, a Uni would not become renowned solely for its academic results, but as well the research achievements, recognition on the quality of the thesis etc.  So academic results are 1 part of the evaluation.  So students are required to be presenting her ideas in a concise way, be able to generate her own opinions providing lots of her own findings and evidences, and lot more.  

So probably an ideal school would be a school which can balance activities based approach that promoting creativity, individual thinking and analysis and  the traditional school approach that put emphasis on achieving academic results in some compulsory subjects.  So any such school in HK?

[ 本帖最後由 daisy17772 於 09-9-14 17:25 編輯 ]

3#
發表於 09-9-15 12:10 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Reximom 於 09-9-15 11:58 發表

No, 真道個邊d家長實牙實齒話, 每個真道學生都會考哂兩個公開試, IBD與及新高中會考, 請問各位, is it possible?

Anyone knows which year that Logos will have their first batch of students attempting IB?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題