教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 HKPS vs KV
發新帖
查看: 13947|回覆: 5
go

HKPS vs KV [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 15-2-13 22:28 |顯示全部帖子
I am choosing between Pods vs KV.

Pods is a sister school to HKPS.  they have the similar syllabus and teaching.  I feel reluctant to give up Pods too.  But, came to friends who have kids at primary school also some are my elder girl's classmates.. their academic is so strong and no worry for Chinese and Maths test.  I bet what I have heard and seen with most academic top players are from KV.  Very little are from SC.  I think the training is crucial.  

Then I feel better to give up Pods, but to choose KV.

2#
發表於 15-2-13 23:07 |顯示全部帖子
But if your kid is a girl, and you are targeting DGJS.  Then KV will not be the most ideal one as DGJS does not take in a lot of KV students each year.  Less than 10 only.  Unlike SC.  So, you need to know what primary school you are targeting for.  

If for boy, it is the opposites for DBS.  DBS tends to favour KV as they need to recruit more high academic boys.  

3#
發表於 15-2-13 23:41 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 wellmax 的帖子

Yes.  very true too!

Don't hear a lot of HKPS.

CCKG, SC, SPK/SPN, LH, SKH, KV, Victoria, SSG
weird.. never heard of HKPS..

But, even with LH or KM .. those are because their sisters are already at DGJS.  Lot of related points... but their major source of students are from CCKG, SC, SPK/SPN, SKH, KV, Victoria..

4#
發表於 15-2-13 23:42 |顯示全部帖子
May be because those good ones from HKPS already transferred to SC, CCKG, SPK/SPN, SKH, KV and others... to get access to DGJS.

5#
發表於 15-2-14 11:54 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 wellmax 的帖子

For LH to DGJS, they might have their own relationship like sibling or others.  Rare too... as you say ... not many.. so is more safe with the big name kinders.. if you are targeting these schools.

But, KV to DGJS... for those got admission, their academic is strong in lower forms.  

6#
發表於 15-2-14 11:58 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 Cutemom0808 的帖子

Yes!  Agreed with Cutemon0808!

Pods is really good.  I am reluctant to give up Pods.  My kid loves to go to school and he shares his joy at school to me.  He told me that is fun to go to Pods.  At least, I feel bad to switch him out to KV.  However, for better primary school foundation, I still prefer KV, no matter if my son can be trained to be one of the elite ones... I guess I need to try KV before I can tell he is fit into this school.  

‹ 上一主題|下一主題