用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 Suggested answers for an English question in supplem ...
發新帖
查看: 1709|回覆: 1
go

Suggested answers for an English question in supplementary exercise [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-11-7 18:05 |顯示全部帖子
回復 tws2010 的帖子

As I remembered, my child did the Q2. It's in a dialogue. 'the' is the model answer.  'Specific' is one of the 'rule' of using 'the', however, in daily life, you can find 'the' is used in front of some place even though they are not 'specific' e.g. in the library, in the beach, in the hospital ( 'the' is used in the case when some places are assumed w/i common knowledge of the people in the conversation). We don't hv 'articles' in our language, so it's a bit hard to understand their non-rule usage.

2#
發表於 12-11-8 15:21 |顯示全部帖子
回復 tws2010 的帖子

Dear tws2010

Just want to add - when we talk about the usage of Eng, we cannot ignore the context (e.g. only a statement, in a dialogue, decribing a picture, people in the content, etc ), Also, some of the books /ex books/teachers use American English and some use British English, we hv to pay extra attention when teaching our children.  If your child is confused, they can confirm with their school teachers for an 'acceptable' answer, so they will not lose marks in exams.  If you hv time, it is not difficult for u to find web sites teaching articles, they provide useful examples and explanations which are far beyond the general text books in HK.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題