搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 Down-grade St. Paul Coed after the briefing session
發新帖
查看: 6045|回覆: 16
go

Down-grade St. Paul Coed after the briefing session [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-9-9 22:49 |顯示全部帖子
i think it's already a noble school before becoming a dss...

原帖由 cmchang0927 於 9/9/2009 20:33 發表
I heard that only a few seats are for the public, others are for well- known and rich ppl.  And they ve a favourite kindergarten, nearly 100% of application from that kindergarten can be accepted.  It ...
"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me.... Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful... that's what matters to me."
    -Steve Jobs-

2#
發表於 09-9-9 22:51 |顯示全部帖子
the school fee is 60k per year ah!!!!
even more than some international schools and private schools!!!!
hope all this money is going for this "人力物力" lar....

原帖由 G-Ma 於 9/9/2009 20:36 發表
IB+334 真係要好大人力物力, 學校真係應付到?

"Being the richest man in the cemetery doesn't matter to me.... Going to bed at night saying we've done something wonderful... that's what matters to me."
    -Steve Jobs-

3#
發表於 09-9-9 22:55 |顯示全部帖子
it's good to express how you feel and share what you think after the briefing session!!
unfortunately, st paul co is not the right school for my son neither. (unfortunately or lucky... )

原帖由 liyinfai 於 9/9/2009 19:54 發表
I just went to the briefing session.
The feelings is Not a really happy experience!!
The principal Ms Lee answer some questions very trickly:
1/ One parent ask for IB. She answer that student at F3 wi ...
    -Steve Jobs-

4#
發表於 09-9-9 23:00 |顯示全部帖子
you really think that you and your daughter would have no pressure if she is the last in the class?
they said the 100% of P6 would go to the secondary... however, as i know from people inside, not 100% of P1 would able to go to the P6...

原帖由 wootaitai 於 9/9/2009 21:33 發表
But, I have the feeling that once you get in, its less competitive than, say, DGS. and the students are more humble.  

anyone agree?

for me, its good enough if my daughter can get in. I dont care if ...
    -Steve Jobs-

5#
發表於 09-9-9 23:36 |顯示全部帖子
ummm... does your kid like competition as you do?
名校中三女生疑學業問題困擾
http://paper.wenweipo.com/2009/01/09/HK0901090025.htm

原帖由 wootaitai 於 9/9/2009 23:23 發表
OK, maybe an exaggeration. I think perhaps top 90% can to to sec school? vs 60% in, say marymount?

I only worry about how to get accepted now.

I like competitions. I think that pushes the kids harde ...
    -Steve Jobs-

6#
發表於 09-9-9 23:39 |顯示全部帖子
CKY is a private school and it's already as expensive as some international schools (however still a bit less than st paul co).
i know nothing about "victoria's secret"...

原帖由 daisy17772 於 9/9/2009 23:30 發表

Most elite int'l schools should charge far more than 60K (may be except ESF), plus intl' schools have to be paid with debenture or capital fees per year.  

I heard CKY is targeting to charge furthe ...

[ 本帖最後由 flostangraphy 於 09-9-9 23:43 編輯 ]
    -Steve Jobs-

7#
發表於 09-9-10 00:00 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 daisy17772 於 9/9/2009 23:30 發表
"I heard CKY is targeting to charge furthermore after their new campus has been in used, may be in par with some int'l school.  Donno if this is the truty. just hearsay.  With co-ed, at least at this moment, no need to pay any sort of capital/debenture. Victoria has already started to require students to pay a fee similar to debenture at a price less than the usual int'l school debenture."

原帖由 wootaitai 於 9/9/2009 23:48 發表

yes, can you elaborate on this "victoria's secret" its not mentioned at all in the P1 application
    -Steve Jobs-

8#
發表於 09-9-10 00:01 |顯示全部帖子
sure you should be a good mother!

原帖由 wootaitai 於 9/9/2009 23:45 發表
She quite likes it actually.  because she can wear a pretty dress and I buy her a small gift if she has done her best. Of course best of all she want to win some trophies.

My husband disapproves of  ...
    -Steve Jobs-

9#
發表於 09-9-10 11:08 |顯示全部帖子
spcc好鍾意收果D有高學歷又肯做全職媽媽既小朋友.

原帖由 telegogo 於 10/9/2009 09:54 發表
I have two kids studing in SPCC.

Your comment is true in some cases, expecially your impression on the principle's presentation method.  I fully agree, not only through the breifing, but also the day ...
    -Steve Jobs-

10#
發表於 09-9-10 16:58 |顯示全部帖子
that's nothing wrong with that... that good actually!!
that's mean the daddy alone can earn enough money to raise the family and pay the school fee with easy.
If I were the principle of any school, I shall do the same.

原帖由 telegogo 於 10/9/2009 15:35 發表

What's wrong with that?

If I were the principle of any school, I shall do the same.  Think the other way round, will an educated full time mum help raising a child, given other conditions equal? ...
    -Steve Jobs-

11#
發表於 09-9-11 10:37 |顯示全部帖子
低學歷既媽咪,好多時都要做野ㄚ嗎...
咁佢問你有冇做野咁咪知你高唔高學歷lor....

原帖由 tcbobo 於 10/9/2009 21:09 發表
佢點知全職媽媽高學歷呀? 報名表又無要人填學歷

-Steve Jobs-

12#
發表於 09-9-11 10:51 |顯示全部帖子
that's not important for them to talk about their teaching method or curriculum, because i have heard that the teachers in this school not really need to teach anything as the pupils have already learnt everything at home with their private tutors.
face it, this kind of school is a connection. it just gather all the alike parents together and let their children more or less in the same community in the future.
if the parents aren't alike the other parents or don't feel comfortable in this style of life. there is no real benefit for the child. i don't think they really learn more than any other school. but the children know more rich people already when they finished school for sure.

原帖由 mattsmum 於 10/9/2009 22:29 發表
I know there is talk for admission.

but after admission, does school offers parents's a briefing talk on the school's education approach / teaching method/ curriculum / meet you teachers?
    -Steve Jobs-

13#
發表於 09-9-11 14:57 |顯示全部帖子
don't you see?!
the "eager " is from parents, not from them.

原帖由 mattsmum 於 11/9/2009 14:31 發表
well, they start to have things like others- fees closed to IS, outward bound camp, oversea trip, lots of extra curricular course, etc. i once heard starting of term at late august.
why not having par ...
    -Steve Jobs-

14#
發表於 09-9-12 10:15 |顯示全部帖子
for me a happy childhood is so valuable that it's really something we should treasure.
i wonder parents nowadays (me included, of cause) look so far in the future for their child, sometime forgotten the importance of Present.

原帖由 GIPW 於 11/9/2009 19:31 發表
路過 also.  

I would agree that the drive of excellence came from the parents and not from the school.  However this is also a good thing to have - you will develop a similar peer network ( but be su ...
    -Steve Jobs-

15#
發表於 09-9-14 11:42 |顯示全部帖子
我都係特登咁講睇下你哋班返工班媽咪有乜反應ger.
唔駛當呢句係名人彥語咁認真.
大家輕鬆 d 講下笑啦!
    -Steve Jobs-

16#
發表於 09-9-27 23:07 |顯示全部帖子
【明報專訊】小一自行分配學額階段今日展開,部分直資及私立小學已截止報名,今年部分地區直資名校申請人數及競爭學位比例猶勝傳統名校。油麻地保良局陳守仁小學收到逾3000份申請,較去年大幅增加近三成,校長楊永明直言是意料之外,相信因直資學校重視英文而獲家長支持。

[ 本帖最後由 flostangraphy 於 09-9-28 09:29 編輯 ]
    -Steve Jobs-

17#
發表於 09-9-28 09:30 |顯示全部帖子
唱衰?!?!!!

原帖由 acer1 於 28/9/2009 00:39 發表
其實講咁多都無用,這間始終都係超級名校,人哋收你先算啦!你點唱衰都唔會少咗人報,其他家長點會咁蠢比人講幾句就唔報呢?
    -Steve Jobs-
‹ 上一主題|下一主題