教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 ST. CAT. & KENTVILLE INTERVIEW
發新帖
樓主: BB豬MUMMY
go

ST. CAT. & KENTVILLE INTERVIEW [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-11-8 13:41 |顯示全部帖子
Thank you so much!!
Thanks for disclosing the SC interview content and my son had his interview at 1:45pm on Saturday!! All thanks to you, it went smoothly. Even if he did not get the offer from SC, I feel very proud of him and I feel no regret as we had done our best to prepare for the interview!!
I have to learn that there are so many things that are beyond our control and I have to learn to accept whatever will come gladly!!
My son will also have his interview for KV next Sunday and Victoria on 21 Nov too.
Let's keep in touch!!

[ 本帖最後由 sengaguru 於 09-11-8 14:11 編輯 ]

2#
發表於 09-11-9 10:20 |顯示全部帖子
I think your son is really blessed to have such a selfless mother!!
My son is a big baby, he was born in Jan 07, so he is a bit more mature than most other kids.
He answered all the questions very quickly but he did not recognize the picture of a bird at once, the teacher had to hint him that it can fly, then he answered it.
My son did not answer the teacher's question when he was being observed in the playroom, maybe he would have marks deducted??
I can share with you some things that I did and I think they have helped me and my son:
  • To avoid his energy level to drop, I gave him sips of water and small chocolately biscuits while we were waiting outside. It can help your child too, esp. if he is cranky from lack of sleep!
  • While we were waiting, I ask my son to look around the school, I told him this is very nice and big school with lots of toys. This can be a motive for him to be more cooperative. Don't underestimate your child, no matter how young you think they are, they understand, they know. In fact, I even told him I was afraid that he would not answer the teacher. My brilliant son even told me not to be afradi, and that he would answer all the quesitons...Indeed, he answered to the best he could. I was really touched. To tell the truth, while we were waiting I was so nervous that I almost cried!! So tell him what you want him to do, and I think he will do it.
  • I praised him when he can complete a task during the interview, I think the teacher allow and appreciated it. Afterall, I know you are not supposed to help him in answering questions, but I don't think there's any harm in giving your baby some positive re-enforcement during the interview.
  • Promise him a treat or a gift after the interview.
People(yes, even babies) work best with motives, desires work well as a motives for young child.

Good luck for your coming interviews.
Thanks for your generosity.

3#
發表於 09-11-9 10:29 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 BB豬MUMMY 於 09-11-8 14:20 發表
no thanks, i think your son perform well, right?
but i am very worry about my son's performance.
would you mind to share the interview's content.
hope all mamis here will get offers from sc.

well, my ...
I think your son is really blessed to have such a selfless mother!!
My son is a big baby, he was born in Jan 07, and so he is a bit more mature than most other kids.
He answered all the questions very quickly but he did not recognize the picture of a bird at once, the teacher had to hint him that it can fly, and then he answered it.
My son did not answer the teacher's question when he was being observed in the playroom; maybe he would have marks deducted??
I can share with you some things that I did and I think they have helped me and my son:
  • To avoid his energy level to drop, I gave him sips of water and small chocolaty biscuits while we were waiting outside. It can help your child too, esp. if he is cranky from lack of sleep!
  • While we were waiting, I ask my son to look around the school, I told him this is very nice and big school with lots of toys. This can be a motive for him to be more cooperative. Don't underestimate your child, no matter how young you think he is, he understands, he knows. In fact, I even told him I was afraid that he would not answer the teacher. My brilliant son even told me not to be afraid, and that he would answer all the questions...Indeed, he answered to the best he could. I was really touched. To tell the truth, while we were waiting I was so nervous that I almost cried!! So tell him what you want him to do, and I think he will do it.
  • I praised him when he can complete a task during the interview, I think the teacher allow and appreciated it. After all, I know you are not supposed to help him in answering questions, but I don't think there's any harm in giving your baby some positive re-enforcement during the interview.
  • Promise him a treat or a gift after the interview.
People (yes, even babies) work best with motives, desires work well as a motives for young child.
Good luck for your coming interviews.
Thanks for your generosity.

4#
發表於 09-11-13 23:04 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 BB豬MUMMY 於 09-11-11 12:43 發表
i agreed!

i remembered that the playgroup we attended when baby in one year old in which who teach us don't use 2 languages to teach your kids.  because they can't  understand which one is cantonese  ...

Dear BB豬MUMMY

I am so diappointed today!! I have just received the news that Ling Liang Church (Kowloon City) had put my son on their waiting list only. I thought my son did well in the interview but still got rejected!!

Just remembered your son will have his KV interview tomorrow!! I wish you luck and all the best and I wish you son can get offers from all the KGs that you really want!!

Keep in touch!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題