搜索
教育王國 討論區 海外留學 Study in Canada
發新帖
樓主: hellokids
go

Study in Canada [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-4-27 22:48 |顯示全部帖子
As I saw some cases from other forum.  If your child is a Citizen who born outside Canada (either or both parents are Canadian Citizen).  They might need to pay school fee (as international student) until they are 18years old.  If your child is under 18 years old, you can go back to Canada  and declare as permanent resident.  Then your child can have free of charge of education.  As Canadian Government doesn't want the parents drop their kids in Canada without parents.  Therefore, if you want your child to study in Canada, and you have to scarify your job in Hong Kong.  Or you might wait your child until 18 years old.  

I remembered that i saw a case in Uwant or discuss hk.  The child (Cititzen) had student in Canada for few year free of charge.  Several years later, they billed the child, and said that the child was not qualify as local citizen.

Now I face the same problem, if I have to go back to Canada.  I have to move the whole family (even though I work in HK. i cannot declare as non-resident anymore, due to have family tie with Canada)  

2#
發表於 12-4-27 22:50 |顯示全部帖子
if really have to pay for the school fee, maybe I will send them to USA or UK.  There are more choices and opportunities (Universities), and better Universities

3#
發表於 12-4-29 14:13 |顯示全部帖子
but there are more and better Universities than Canada

4#
發表於 12-4-30 14:09 |顯示全部帖子
yes, if have to pay the tuition fee.  Canada is not cheap also, especially the exchange rate is so high (7.83 or more.......i remembered the lowest was around 4.95..)
‹ 上一主題|下一主題