教育王國 討論區 小一選校 Down-grade St. Paul Coed after the briefing session
發新帖
查看: 6040|回覆: 2
go

Down-grade St. Paul Coed after the briefing session [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-9-9 19:54 |顯示全部帖子 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
I just went to the briefing session.
The feelings is Not a really happy experience!!
The principal Ms Lee answer some questions very trickly:
1/ One parent ask for IB. She answer that student at F3 will not need to compet for IB position (IB start at F4). However, the student will be advised to choose 334 or IB by school. She also admit that SPCC is a DSS, that mean only 50% student can seat for IB and 50% goes for 334.  However, she insist there will be not assessment or competition for IB post at F4.
If all of us are clever enough, it is not possible to let all the students wishing for IB goes for IB program in F4 (assume over 50% students finally decide to go for IB , even tough some of them are advised by school not to apply IB). The principal 's answer is tricky

2/ One parent ask if the homework is heavy in SPCC as a whole. Again, Principal answer it very skillfully. She said in first half year of G1 life, there is no test of exam. She is proud to say what she stress is the happy school life! Oh my god, what we want to know is as a whole for coming 12 years. She just misleading the direction to the 1st half yr. Actually, everyone knows SPCC is the very famous school in the sense of pushing, pushing and pushing the academic results. I know that every student inside is assigned a file. The use of that file is to record the no. of prize the student get in the competition inside and outside the school. The answer given is tricky and misleading.

The feeelings after the talk:
1/ SPSS is a DSS only. The power is not from the teacher but comes from the parents. SPCC is a place who tries to gather those parents who like to push, pressure their child to get the academic excellence but not education.
2/ I believe SPCC can produce examination expert because the school's theme aim meet the requirment of parents: => Pushing, Squeezing the children mind, soul to get excellent results via competition.
3/ The teachers' qualification is not differnet from other DSS. It is important but the principal did not mention. She tries to establish the image of SPCC as a very top school in HK
4/ I really don't like the attitude of that 2 ladies/principals. I have attended the briefing sessions in these two yrs. These two ladies were so proud of leading this school so "successfully". During the briefing sessions in 2008 and 2009, they always ask the parents to listen carefully the so-called requirement they want during the interview. " You 'll not know what I am looking for during the play time" ; "I want the student should be like this, smile, smart...so on so on"; "Remember la , I'll choose only 200 children out of so many application during 5-minute interview" ..... One thing I need to stress is that The AIM of Briefing seesion is (1) to introduce the school to parents so that the parents can consider whether this school is suitable to the kid or not. (2) I don't want to know the "tips" of interview. I want to asses this school is qualified to suit my kid or not. (3) You, as the principal, should talk more the real life of student inside. Don't avoid to answer the question like the homework load, the IB curriculum, which are the most importment part we want to know. (4) Remember, going to a school to study is a very important issue to a child's life. Please respect the children and parents. They are not beggars. The admission process is BIDIRECTIONAL. You can turn down the child's application. On the other hand, we can also turn down your invitation to admission even the child pass the assessment. ( I've heard some student finally leave the school as they had been squeezed by school for few years to go for competition, assessment). SPCC is not an excellent schools in someone mind...too demanding, always ask the student to go out for competition, always think they are nearly the best school ...at least the principal is not humble enough.

These are what I would like to say. After thoroughful consideration (I had attended the briefing sessions for 2 yrs and I had friends' children studying there), I decide this school is not suitable, actually not healthy to my kid , and I would not apply it
   1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-9-10 21:43 |顯示全部帖子
Thank you for your information.
I shared my feelings because (1) I really think that the Principals are too proud of so many application, (2) I doubt why they tried to avoid to answer the question frankly (I do n ot prefer IB to 334). In fact, as a leader of a school, they should behaves themselves and reflect the real situation of school, no matter it is positive or negative. (3) Most importantly, I want to advise parents here should have a realistic and thoughout consideration before sending children to this school. Not everyone (both parents and children) are suitable to this school.
Of course, the attitude of these 2 principals do have problems and I hope the students in the school do not learn from these 2 ladies (or women).
Thanks again for your valuable information.

3#
發表於 09-9-11 19:03 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 mow-mow 於 09-9-11 16:17 發表
(1) Why shouldn't the principal be proud of the huge amount of applicants? It is in fact an acknowledgement that her hard work is recognised & endorsed by the public.
(2) I don't understand what answe ...

Hei, mow-mow:
Don,t be too hostile.
This is my own feelings and I want to share here
‹ 上一主題|下一主題