教育王國 討論區 國際學校 RC Yr 6 Math. test result
發新帖
查看: 2712|回覆: 1
go

RC Yr 6 Math. test result [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-12-19 18:15 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 #1 acdad 的文章

Seems that this is an internal assessment of PYP.  This was not used in my daughter's ESF school in her Y6 last year.  In ESF school, Y5 and Y6 students join the public UK assessment for English and Maths by June and parents don't know the exact score results, but will know if the kid is above average or not.  There is comparison of the school's results vs the general public but there is no comparison among the class.

I think maybe you need to understand more the assessment system of RC under IB and discuss with the teacher how to help the kid to improve.  In ESF schools, some kids have to repeat Y6 if they do not reach the expected standard.  So parents do need to monitor and help the kids to reach the expected standard.

2#
發表於 07-12-20 14:09 |顯示全部帖子
原文章由 acdad 於 07-12-19 21:15 發表
Thanks for the feedback and info  but the test  score for a month learning  is relatively trivial when comparing to the teacher's defensive feedback. I was looking for a proactive and open discussion  ...

acdad,

Agree with you.  Maybe you can discuss with some other parents of year 6 students in RC and see if they have similar concern and have a meeting with the teachers and PYP co-ordinators.

The goals you quoted are the general goals for students under IB programs.  For each subject, there should be specific objectives and expectations for students in different years.

[ 本文章最後由 WYmom 於 07-12-20 14:12 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題