搜索
教育王國 討論區 保良局蔡繼有學校 保良局蔡繼有學校
查看: 328384|回覆: 21
go

保良局蔡繼有學校 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-9-13 10:14 |顯示全部帖子

Re: 保良局蔡繼友學校

May I ask if CKY use native English teachers to teach subjects other than English, such as Maths, Science, General Knowledge, music, P.E. and art?

2#
發表於 05-9-13 11:28 |顯示全部帖子

DESP, thanks for your detail information.

3#
發表於 06-1-4 09:09 |顯示全部帖子

Remember that a BK parent said previously that CKY secondary school fee is around $8000 per month, is this valid?

4#
發表於 06-1-4 10:52 |顯示全部帖子

EdT 寫道:
聞說比小學每月多一千元,即大約五千。

同是私校, 新滬江Victoria中學大約五千三,啟新六千餘至七千,兩間都採用比較需要多些資源的MYP。CKY非弁利,八千元機會不大。

啟新 primary will be $6K+, but secondary is around $8-9K per month.  If use IB plus new campus and new facilities in future, $8K for new CKY or new Victoria by 2007 is quite possible.

5#
發表於 06-3-30 08:10 |顯示全部帖子

Does any CKY parents know what will be the cirriculum of CKY secondary school?

And, kunggi201 said that ".6 students will start engaging in secondary learning, one year ahead of secondary schools" - What is exactly meant by secondary learning? Do you mean the method, or subjects, or standard ? Can you pls tell a bit more ?

Many thanks.

6#
發表於 06-3-30 12:31 |顯示全部帖子

SUPER-4M,

IB Diploma exam is for F.7 students, not P.6.

As I know, CKY is not running IB program in primary now.  Only heard that they may use IB in secondary, but don't know if they will adopt IB Diploma (for F.6-7) only.

7#
發表於 06-3-31 08:24 |顯示全部帖子

SUPER-4M,

oic.  Per kunngi201, CKY is not using IB in primary and secondary, will only have IB diploma in F.6-7.  Not sure if you are aware, PYP and MYP programs have no exam to pass, only IB Diploma exam is recognized internationally.  That means if study CKY, will study for 13 years until getting the IB Diploma exam result to apply Us.

It is really a dilemma between learning traditional and simplified Chinese.  Traditional Chinese is in fact more meaningful and easy to learn, but seems that gradually simplified Chinese will be more widely used and recognized internationally. I still want my kids to learn both.

I am thinking the same issues as you have and considering CKY.  Yet there is no concrete information on their secondary school.

8#
發表於 06-3-31 11:46 |顯示全部帖子

EdT,

Thanks for your info. If the system is 552, why  don't they end the primary stage at P.5?  So CKY students has to take ICGSE at F.4?  It seems to be very confusing and very difficult for kids from other schools to join in their secondary school, isn't it?

9#
發表於 06-4-7 08:40 |顯示全部帖子

Re: 保良局蔡繼有學校

Can any CKY parents tell me if the school uses any textbooks for teaching?  And, as CKY uses 552 system, is the English, Chinese and Maths standard of P.5 students more or less equal to standard of P.6 students of traditional local schools?  

Many thanks.

10#
發表於 06-6-7 08:49 |顯示全部帖子

kunggi201 寫道:
2 年多後重建好的原址新校舍
所有buildings 架空
令地面一望無際,草地+空地+廣場
另,車位共70個,真係好誇張
不過,平時d私家車泊到周圍都係
只怕, 有家長參與的活動時,100個車位都唔夠用

Do you mean that the new campus will be ready only by Sept 2009 then?

11#
發表於 06-6-8 12:32 |顯示全部帖子

EdT 寫道:
kunggi201

呵呵, 音樂廳已經名花有主喇, Principal Lau以身作則………你諗下圖書館啦。

WYmon

係呀,我都覺2009好耐,話就五月,其實同九月無分別。話時話,星期六有D野吾知你有冇興趣,請上cky website自己睇。

EdT,

Thanks for your info.  I have noticed it and will go to attend the intro. session too.   

12#
發表於 06-6-10 20:25 |顯示全部帖子

Secondary fee is $5800 this year, and the principal said that they are in fact still losing with this amount, it should be higher, so may be more in future.

13#
發表於 06-6-29 18:48 |顯示全部帖子

monkeymei,

Fully agree with what you said.  Really see a lot of secondary school students badly behaved in public area.  Heard a lot of cases that even very good kids can become very bad after going to secondary schools.  So really feel difficult to find an active approach secondary school with good conduct.  Even students of international schools have a lot of drug problems.  CKY just starts her secondary years, not sure about the conduct of their teenagers who have used to looser discipline.

Well, you are in a much better position as your kid is so small!

14#
發表於 06-9-25 12:25 |顯示全部帖子

kunggi201,

Can you pls advise what is the % of Chinese vs English classes in CKY approximately?  Is it the same all through the years from Y1 to 12?

Thank you.

15#
發表於 07-2-13 10:17 |顯示全部帖子

papa_pop,

The article is very good, worth to share with all parents under a new topic.  Particularly feel that in HK, most traditional teachers and parents dislike kids challenging them, prefer more those who are well-behaved, disciplined and follow instructions so that they can have a easier job!

"...近代科學家以愛因斯坦為代表,近代發明家以愛迪生為代表,近代藝術家以畢加索為代表,有意思的是,他們小時候都不是老師喜歡的學生。不管這些大師是因他們的思維早已飛出學校的框框,還是因後天努力,他們都做出偉大成就。而中國人的聰明才智,被埋沒多少,又有誰知曉?"

16#
發表於 07-3-8 10:08 |顯示全部帖子

kyliema2006 寫道:
Dear Jessicalau,

首先表明,我其實是很支持蔡繼有的教學方法,無壓、提高學生學習興趣、訓練學生自學能力、雙語教學等等。因為小兒是非常討厭考試,但又喜歡閱讀的,所以本人覺得蔡繼有的學習環境適合小兒。

但正如其他家長所言,這種學習環境亦會有副產品的。到高年級時,學生的質素會比較極端�參差,亦會明顯出現一群成績較弱的學生。原因簡單,因為學生可能已流於疏懶,習慣享受無壓學習,當孩子缺乏自強能力,那麼他們所得的,可能會較少,或者比傳統學校學生所得的更少。唯一不同的,在傳統學校成績較差的學生可能已經被折磨得自信全失,更可能被人或自我標籤為【失敗者】。但在蔡繼有,相對的壓力會較少(pls correct me if I'm wrong)。

相反地,成績較好的學生一定飽覽群書,默默耕耘。父母所付出的,更可能不足為外人道。簡單而言,孩子優秀與否,當然是靠學生不身,但家長的付出一定也不少。至於學校的角色,就是提供一個無壓的學習環境,使學生可享受閱讀的樂趣。

學校是好、是不好,是相對的。最重要是,看看自己及孩子的能力,選擇適當的學校。選擇學校,其實是一種學問呢!

Agree with you very much.  I think the real challenge to CKY is in the secondary stage.  Pressure will increase a lot and parents no longer be able to do much.

17#
發表於 07-3-28 18:04 |顯示全部帖子

Re: Field Trips

papa_pop 寫道:
... Similarly, international school students in HK who possess 'native accent' - that draws admiration from 'some' parents - could find it hard to write a fine article.

Really??  Or this is your own thoughts only? Suggest you visit some real international schools to see what they write, especially in upper primary.

18#
發表於 07-3-29 14:33 |顯示全部帖子

Re: Field Trips

papa_pop,

Do you think that CKY's bilingual approach is run similar to Victoria, Yew Chung or ISF?  Only that it won't accept outside students anytime at any grades.  In which aspect is CKY better than the other 3 bilingual schools?

If CKY aims to provide high quality bilingual IBD education at the end, do you think that they need to increase the school fees much more to achieve that?  Or is PLK subsidizing a lot?  (As Yew Chung or ISF charge over $10K per month starting from primary).

Thanks.

19#
發表於 07-3-29 15:57 |顯示全部帖子

Re: Bilingual Schools

papa_pop,

Thanks for your reply.  I just thought that you might have done some research on CKY vs other schools before you chose it.  I know that CKY is very very popular now, I just still don't know how it is different from or better than other similar bilingual schools.  There are more and more new bilingual schools, e.g. Baptist U Primary, Pui Kiu... all seems to use similar approach!  It is very difficult to choose among these non-traditional bilingual new schools.  Anyway, thanks for your sharing.

20#
發表於 07-4-4 11:16 |顯示全部帖子

Re: P1 campus

ckwliu 寫道:
Hi everyone!  got a letter from CKY.  they are inviting parents of P1 students to go to a meeting at a school on tin hau temple road, HK... maybe it's possible that this will be the future P1 campus??  dream comes true!!!!

Does it mean that all the Y1 students in the future 3 years will have to study in the temp campus on Tin Hau Temple Road?  And they will stay there for one year and move back to the temp campus in Sham Shui Po by Y2?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖