用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 港IB考生平均分超全球 英基加拿大國際漢基包攬7滿分狀 ...
發新帖
樓主: elbar
go

港IB考生平均分超全球 英基加拿大國際漢基包攬7滿分狀元 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-7-25 11:27 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 ANChan59 於 11-7-25 10:20 發表
In HK, most ESF and IS schools are through-train in IB, and not local DSS. So a few years later, we can see the difference of the local IB schools vs ESF & IS....

Most ESF schools are not through train IB schools.  In the past, they are all using UK system (GCSE OL and AL), recently change to use IBD in all secondary schools and some primaries use PYP.  Their secondary schools still require students to do GCSE before IBD.  Now only the 2 new PIS - RC and DC are IB through train.

So I don't think through train IB is necessary for getting very good IBD results.  It all depends on the abilities of students.

[ 本帖最後由 WYmom 於 11-7-25 11:28 編輯 ]

2#
發表於 11-7-25 11:51 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Annie123 於 11-7-25 11:41 發表

即使學校是一條龍,學生也未必是一條龍上。
國際學校有一個現象,就是在 GRADE 9 - 10,都會有一個 "離港潮",很多學生都會選擇到外國讀高中。很多 IBDP 生,恐怕都不是從小學就讀國際學校。
我沒有數據,不過可以從某國際學校 ...

Choosing English A + Mandarin B and get 4 & 7?  Which school is it?  If the student is Chinese and has studied in local school for years, he/she should choose Mandarin A, right?  Getting a "7" in Mandarin B by a Chinese student will really be "looked down" by unversities!!  So to me it's really a bad result.

3#
發表於 11-7-25 12:19 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Shoeshine 於 11-7-25 12:03 發表
I understand that English A1 is a must (or at least a norm) for IS.  Am I wrong?

Wouldn't the taking of Chinese/Mandarin A give the university admission officers an impression that one's English is n ...

Taking Chinese A allows the student to get a Bilingual Diploma, why is it an implication of poor English?? Top Chinese students will take English A + Chinese A.  It is important for one to be good at both language in such a competitive world now.

[ 本帖最後由 WYmom 於 11-7-25 12:23 編輯 ]

4#
發表於 11-7-25 12:34 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 ANChan59 於 11-7-25 12:00 發表
I know some teachers or IB coordinator recommended students to take Chinese B and score 7 to enhance their school results and increase the chance to take hot programs.

For the new language syllabus i ...

Taking Chinese B maybe acceptable for students who study in a real international school for primary and secondary, but obviously not for those who have studied in local schools for 10 years.  If you were the university admission officer, what will you think?

5#
發表於 11-7-25 12:58 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Annie123 於 11-7-25 12:36 發表
先更正資料,剛在看那學校網頁,學生今年 ENGLISH A 的 NORM 是 5 (舊年才是 4),不好意思。不過,我也覺得這個成績令人很困惑。

I think in the mind of experienced admission officers, there is an equivalent scale, say, a "7" in Chinese B = "5" in Chinese A, just my guess...

Taking which paper depends on the faculties you wish to apply... say if one wants to apply law in HK, then I think English A (HL) + Chinese A(HL) are necessary...

Well, I expect my kids choosing subjects and levels based on their abilities and interest genuinely... I believe those who have the guts to face higher challenges will be much more appreciated...

6#
發表於 11-7-25 13:19 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Shoeshine 於 11-7-25 13:03 發表
Sorry, I think I didn't make myself clear.  I meant most IS students would choose English A1 as the Group 1 subject.  If  they choose Chinese A1 as Group 1 subject, they would give the university admi ...

Oh, if students choose Chinese A as gp 1, that implies that their Chinese is better than English.  I think it really depends on the confidence of the students on their language abilities.   No surprise for CIS students.  For ESF, students have to take English A1 as group 1.  I think most importantly is choosing the right subjects and levels matching the requirements of the faculties one desired.

7#
發表於 11-7-25 22:08 |顯示全部帖子

回復 2# Shoeshine 的帖子

According to the new changes, Chinese students will have to choose both English A and Chinese A in Group 1, then must they choose another language B in group 2?  Very confusing!

8#
發表於 11-7-26 07:45 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 ANChan59 於 11-7-25 22:57 發表

It will be outdated for our kids in 2013 afterward.

My son sent emails to HKU, CUHK and HKUST to ask their requirement of IB languages in 2013, they have no clue what's going on and only CUHK admis ...

Thanks a lot for your sharing.  So if our kids want to apply U in HK including CUHK, they must take English A and Chinese A in group 1, which may be more difficult than before??  And also not sure if they have choose one more languagefrom group 2.  The exam papers of group 1 maybe different from the past after the change.

My kid's school will discuss with parents only by coming Sept...my kid will sit for IBD in 2014.

9#
發表於 11-7-26 10:54 |顯示全部帖子

回復 2# mattsmum 的帖子

Do you think a local school student can answer such Chinese IB papers very well??
‹ 上一主題|下一主題