發新帖
樓主: loklok0104
go

**新聞透視** [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 04-12-6 16:48 |顯示全部帖子

Re: **新聞透視**

Furbabies 寫道:
I think it's fine that kindergarten students don't know these 5 specific words.  As long as they are learning some words that they encounter causually on a daily basis, that's fine.  They are just starting their academic life.  

But I am very worried that our college students, our Legco Councillors and 39 out of 40 people in the business district don't know any of these words.

I totally agree with you, that's why I said I am quite worried about the English standard of our kids after reading the P.3 assessment report.  Can't count on the current education system, have to rely on ourselves   :exclaim:

2#
發表於 04-12-7 18:39 |顯示全部帖子

Re: **新聞透視**

mygoddish 寫道:
我用了15分鐘的時間,將所有媽咪的意見看完。
今年我囝囝考幼稚園,只考了兩間,聖若望及藍田靈糧堂,朗思國際學校就可以直升K1。
聖若望收了,但我沒有去註冊,因我不滿當日面試的安排。
靈糧堂亦收了,我很意外,因我個仔仲未識講野,仲流口水,我以為衰硬。
我在靈糧堂及朗思中選一間,看完新聞透視,我決定選靈糧堂。
我不需要我囝囝將來有多勁的學問,做醫生?做律師?做工程師?
我只希望在他的童年有良好的人格發展基礎:
建立自信,有自我動力,自發性,自我反省,自我責任感,表達能力,創造力,分析力,不會墨守成規及尊重別人。
請問各位媽咪有沒有考慮以上的因素?
以上的人格發展是學集學問的基礎。童年是性格成長的重要關鍵,而並不是著重學問之多少。一個5歲的小朋友,能懂得很多生字是否就代表優越?我的個人意見是:當小朋友已有以上足夠的人格及性格發展,到小學便可以自發地去追求學問,甚至一生受用。為了銜接小學,填鴨式的教育是暫時可行,但上到大學或在社會上工作,很多時便會缺乏自信,分析力及自發性,這就是現今很多香港學生的問題。
當然,不斷灌輸是可以令小朋友學得更多。但我個人認為,幼稚園也是學習的地方,但並不是學習抄寫生字,而是學習做一個有用的人。

Agree, it is important to develop good personality and ethical standards of our young kids, but I think parents are the key key persons to help our kids on this, as kids will always copy what their parents are doing, and accept the value judgement from parents when they are small.  

For kinders, they can help to develop our kids' communication skills, knowledge, leadership etc.  through group activities and learning.  They can also train the kids to have good discipline, attitudes, but afterall, really need the co-operation from parents on these aspects.

I also like to know how LLC is, yet I have not watched the TV program.  I also can't send my kids there due to conflict of religion and too far locations.

3#
發表於 04-12-10 11:18 |顯示全部帖子

Re:**新聞透視**

Deborah 寫道:
Different teaching method suit diffeent kind of kids.
However, if you don't agree to the teaching method, don't let your kid go to taht school even it is a very very famous one.  

Just let you kid go to the school which suit him/her most and you must agree with the teaching method which the school is using.

My brother's girl like doing homeworks, so she goes to 明我.
My girl like play to learn and is very active, so she goes to Ling Liang.
Both of them are OK and enjoy their school-life very much.  They all developed well.

100% agree with you!  Just that sometimes it is not that easy to choose as the kid is too small...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題