發新帖
樓主: H_A
go

RC Parents. Let's share. [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-9-5 08:25 |顯示全部帖子

Re: RC P1

tweety彤媽 寫道:
Do anyone know which school bus other than Kwun Chung ? I am very angry about their route and time change. My girl needs to get on the school bus 30 mins earlier than before.

tweety彤媽,

May I know when your girl gets on the school bus now at which stop?  And how long does it take to go to school?

Thank you.

2#
發表於 06-9-6 07:26 |顯示全部帖子

Re: RC P1

tweety彤媽 寫道:
Hi WYmom,

She gets on the school bus in Sham Tseng at 7:55 (but 8:25 in last two weeks). She needs to take almost one hour.

Are you P1 mom? Which stop your kid gets on?

tweety彤媽,

Thanks for your reply.  I am not RC parent, just considering RC. I think one hour to school at MOS is very reasonable, my kid now go by school bus to Mei Foo only (from Sham Tseng) takes over one hour!

3#
發表於 06-9-10 21:26 |顯示全部帖子

Re: RC Parents. Let's share.

Ruby1219,

Seems that your kid is now in P.2, may I know after studying in RC for a year, do you feel that RC's P.1 Chinese is comparable to K3 in local kinder?  Does your kid like to read Chinese story books and able to write diary or journal in Chinese?

Thanks a lot for your advice.

4#
發表於 06-9-22 07:40 |顯示全部帖子

The campus seems to be a maze as all buildings are connected.  Will the younger primary kids get lost easily?  Are they allowed to have lunch in the hub area?   Is security enough?

For Chinese, it is good to know from the Head of Chinese program that RC's level is equivalent to the counter level in local school, i.e. Chinese in Y1 of RC = K3 of local kinder, Y7 of RC = P.6 of local primary.

The principal and teachers seems to be very nice!

5#
發表於 06-9-28 11:20 |顯示全部帖子

swan88,

Seems that you did not understand your son's school well enough before joining.  RC has been teaching traditional Chinese all the time, which is also their advantage over ESF schools.  However, due to the future trend of using simplified Chinese, they will gradually teach simplified Chinese in parallel with traditional Chinese.  Personally I prefer schools teaching traditional Chinese in primary and gradually change to simplified Chinese in secondary.

6#
發表於 06-10-5 09:55 |顯示全部帖子

Chunky 寫道:

中學用 local school text book,好像很深,學生跟得上嗎?
還是需要用低一兩級的課本嗎?
我知好多學生係由其他 esf 轉過去,他們應付到中文科嗎?

As told by the Chinese Head, they will separate the students into groups of native Chinese and non-Chinese, and they will learn the level suitable to them.

7#
發表於 06-10-10 08:28 |顯示全部帖子

Anyone knows which year of local Chinese text books is RC using for Year 7 native Chinese students now?

Thanks a lot.

8#
發表於 06-10-11 15:34 |顯示全部帖子

spidey 寫道:
WYmom,
There are 4 levels of Chinese in Y7 and as far as I know 2 levels are using Longman Grade 6 textbooks and workbooks used in local schools, but I am not sure about the other 2 levels.

Oh, that's very good already as Y7 is equivalent to P.6 in local schools.  Thanks a lot for your info.

9#
發表於 06-11-7 08:54 |顯示全部帖子

I think emily means more caucasians in RC is even better as caucasians normally speaks in English as mother tongue.  Some of my daughters' classmates who are caucasians also choose RC as their parents want them to learn more Chinese.

10#
發表於 07-2-9 17:43 |顯示全部帖子

nintendo 寫道:
symmen,
我自己唔識 d 小朋友,係朋友的朋友的子女,
考到的那個,係讀緊某間沒有中學部的國際小學。
其他考唔到的,冇問讀邊間,好似都係 local school。

I also heard that some students studying in local schools failed the written tests when applying year 7 this year.  The test seems to be quite difficult.

11#
發表於 07-5-4 17:36 |顯示全部帖子

Does Any RC parent know if there will be any increase in RC's school fee in 07/08?  ESF schools have announced their fee increase already.

12#
發表於 07-5-5 13:59 |顯示全部帖子

Ruby1219 寫道:
We haven't got any notice from RCHK.

How much is the increment for ESF schools ?

Ruby, see news below:

(星島日報報道)每年獲政府資助約二億六千萬元的英基學校協會,八月新學年雖不再被政府削資,但為開設新職位及擴展中文教學等計畫,決定連續第二年加學費,中、小學新學費分別是八萬五千元及五萬四千三百元,增幅介乎約百分之三至五,須獲教統局批准。

英基中、小學去年已加學費約百分之五至九,英基行政總監杜茵妮昨致函逾一萬二千名家長,英基已向教統局申請,由八月新學年起,屬下六所中學學費由八萬二千多元增至八萬五千元,增幅約百分之三﹔十所小學則加費逾百分之五,由五萬一千多元增至五萬四千三百元。

13#
發表於 07-5-17 20:00 |顯示全部帖子

lovelovemom,

If your son is already in P.6, you should apply year 8 in RC in 07/08, not year 7, as year 7 in RC = local school P.6.

14#
發表於 07-10-12 09:39 |顯示全部帖子
Dear RC parents,

I heard that RC Y.1 kids are learning standard Chinese, do they need to learn simplified Chinese as well?  Or when will they start learning simplified Chinese?

Do you find their Y.1 Chinese standard good enough?  Do they need extra after school Chinese classes ?  Thanks for your advice.

[ 本文章最後由 WYmom 於 07-10-12 09:43 編輯 ]

15#
發表於 07-10-12 13:50 |顯示全部帖子
原文章由 JennyL 於 07-10-12 11:09 發表

WYmom,
Glad you are back here safe and sound.
I do not know much about Year 1.
For other year groups, Chinese classes are roughly divided into 3 classes. I can say roughly there are 1/3 that to ...

JennyL,

Thanks a lot for your detail info.  I know that the current Chinese teaching approach in RC is good, just wonder if it is applying the same to Y1 students.  In future, IBD Chinese paper has to be written in simplified Chinese, so I guess RC students have to learn simplified Chinese as well.

16#
發表於 07-10-12 21:19 |顯示全部帖子
原文章由 Kareese 於 07-10-12 20:41 硐表
WYmom,

It is not true that IBD Chinese paper has to be written in simplifed form. In fact, both simplified and traditional are allowed, and  even a mix of both !

Thanks, Kareese.  Is it still valid in future? Then do RC students need to learn both type of Chinese writing?  Or will they use either standard or simplified Chinese all along from Y1 to Y13?

In fact, RC is the only school under ESF which uses standard Chinese.  Even another private school DC teaches simplified Chinese only.  Students in all ESF schools are required to write simplified Chinese.  However, in HK, kids still need to learn standard Chinese, so causing confusion to them.

17#
發表於 07-10-13 19:35 |顯示全部帖子
原文章由 JennyL 於 07-10-13 18:37 硐表
Kareese,
Do you mind telling where I can get/find information aboutthis simplified or standard/traditional chinese issue in IBD?

WYmom,
If we can confirm that IBD allow the use of both versions of c ...

JennyL,

I guess you don't need to worry, RC should have considered all these issues when they decide to teach in standard Chinese.  I believe this is their unique selling point among ESF schools.

Wingba, thanks for your sharing.

[ 本文章最後由 WYmom 於 07-10-13 19:36 編輯 ]

18#
發表於 07-11-14 17:09 |顯示全部帖子
原文章由 samanthavikki 於 07-11-14 14:37 硐表

係08/09年度至啱, 仔仔係03年12月出世, 如果申請08/09唔成功, 再申請09/10 YEAR 1得唔得呢? 會唔會超齡?

If you cannot enter RC Y1 by 08/09, you can still let your kid study K3 in kinder and apply for 09/10 Y2 by Sept 08.

19#
發表於 07-12-1 15:22 |顯示全部帖子
原文章由 Tiffany媽咪 於 07-12-1 00:19 發表
I am not one of the RAPT members but I found that they have already devoted a lot of time and effort to the welfare of the students, such as the School Fair coming tommorrow.  During the past few week ...

The school fair is excellent!  Parents are very devoted and make a lot of food which are very delicious!   Books and toys are sold at very good bargain, all kids have a lot of fun!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題