用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 i suddenly changed my mind, anyone can share?
發新帖
查看: 4443|回覆: 2
go

i suddenly changed my mind, anyone can share? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-6-2 19:30 |顯示全部帖子
Sacred Heart 's graduates have very good english too!

I would let her go to SH and then put in your application in ESF, if you are that keen about it.

However, I believe a child should have a good chinese foundation, at least for kindergarten, and then move onwards to Intl' school for primary or secondary if that's the right path.

During your years at the kindergarten that is more local, since your child is natural and native in English, all you need to do is supplement with English courses and your child will remain advanced and excel in the English skills in comparison to others.

Many ESF kids are local, and I don't find their English much better than the ones who are attending local kindergarten but have English supplementary lessons.

In Primary years, you will see a big difference. Hence, I think it's good to have a chinese local kindy, then go to Int'l primary school as an option.

I did the same thing with my daughter, my daughter's chinese level is higher than me after 3 years at KV, and now we move on to the int'l school system.

She is native in English, and now her Chinese writing and reading are very advanced, but daily speaking and daily usage, still a second language for her (chinese).

Good luck.

2#
發表於 09-6-2 20:15 |顯示全部帖子
Hmm, my friend's daughter is there, and they are from Canada. Very good comments so far.

Traditional- yes, SH is a very traditional school.
I don't know about the kindy, but the people I know who are graduates of the school (finished secondary)... have good english, and are very strong academic background.

To each its own I guess.

[ 本帖最後由 Pianokc 於 09-6-2 20:18 編輯 ]

3#
發表於 09-6-3 03:04 |顯示全部帖子
Some IS kindergartens are "terrible."

I wouldn't just go to ANY.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖