用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ESF WKS kindergarden student but failed get offer fr ...
發新帖
樓主: AnGrydAdi
go

ESF WKS kindergarden student but failed get offer from ESF primary school [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-2-5 01:20 |顯示全部帖子
I guess WKS may have a greater number of Cat 2 applicants as some of the children there might have transferred from local kinder and that they would surely be grouped under Cat 2.  Cat 2 applicants without sibling at ESF would very likely be placed on waitlist given the large number of applications received this year.
原帖由 CSJ安樂窩 於 10-2-4 23:24 發表 For this year's WKS kids, they have only attended the school for one term so that might be the reason that they are place lower in the ESF Kinder list.  This is just my guess but do remember, passing the screening interview is the key.

[ 本帖最後由 strayteddy 於 10-2-5 01:25 編輯 ]

2#
發表於 10-2-5 11:33 |顯示全部帖子
Even TY said they heard nothing from the primary schools before the release of results this year.  Not only WKS faces this problem.

原帖由 oooray 於 10-2-5 11:13 發表
"No ESF Kindergarten child will be turned down before the Primary school staff have discussed the situation with the kindergarten"

[ 本帖最後由 strayteddy 於 10-2-5 11:52 編輯 ]

3#
發表於 10-2-5 11:50 |顯示全部帖子
The admissions policies of ESF primary schools and PIS are different.  That of the former includes a categorization system but the latter does not.  In fact, DC and RC favour local people as quoted from their websites: "At capacity, at least 70% of the total students enrolled must have at least one parent who qualifies for Hong Kong Permanent Resident status."

The ESF categorization in fact is a legacy of our colonial history.  It's been there for a long time and parents with children in ESF kinder face the same problem.

原帖由 AnGrydAdi 於 10-2-5 01:10 發表
As i know, DC should have more western kids to apply that should a bit harder than BHS to get offer.

Strange, u got offer from DC but not BHS.

so did u kid do wrong in BHS screening?

[ 本帖最後由 strayteddy 於 10-2-5 11:54 編輯 ]

4#
發表於 10-2-5 11:57 |顯示全部帖子
The TY experience is that the placement rate will be available but not right after the release of the first round results.

5#
發表於 10-2-5 12:47 |顯示全部帖子
jjson,

I am not sure about the placement rate of TY kinder.  I know personally desperate parents with children in different classes failing in both ESF primary schools and PIS interviews, some even with siblings in the ESF primary.  Some others, mostly in Cat 2, are on waitlist of one school only right now.

I was told by one of the desperate parents that there would not be any K3 in TY in the coming academic year.  Not sure if it is true.

[ 本帖最後由 strayteddy 於 10-2-5 16:18 編輯 ]

6#
發表於 10-2-5 12:52 |顯示全部帖子
myjasmine,

TY kinder let parents know the interview grouping because we asked for it.  In fact, there were parents taking initiative to share information among themselves and organize playdates well before the kinder took any action.

[ 本帖最後由 strayteddy 於 10-2-5 12:54 編輯 ]

7#
發表於 10-2-5 17:51 |顯示全部帖子
In past years, many students on waitlist were eventually offered a place in either ESF primary schools or PIS.  So the first round result is not representative.  With the categorization and priority consideration in place, the ESF system is quite complicated.  The picture would become clearer in the coming months.  If the success rate remains low at the end, WKS really need to communicate more with the primary schools and do a thorough review.  To draw a conclusion now may be a bit early.

原帖由 nadal 於 10-2-5 17:36 發表
What's the success rate in say TY?
If indeed the success rate is only 20% in ESF WKS, then that's definitely a problem.

8#
發表於 10-2-5 18:13 |顯示全部帖子
From the kindergarten.  The overall percentage of successful placement, without breakdown of offers in the first and subsequent rounds, was given out when the whole exercise was over.  We were told that all students of TY who had to attend interview for a second time last year eventually got offers.  But for schools with an overwhelming number of Cat 1 applicants, such as CWBS and KJS, the chance for children on waitlist to get an offer would be slim.  I know that a few of them were offered a place in schools outside the catchment areas.  All these are just for reference because situation varies from year to year.  As long as your child is on waitlist, not failed in the interview, there may still be a way out.

[ 本帖最後由 strayteddy 於 10-2-5 23:32 編輯 ]

9#
發表於 10-2-5 21:35 |顯示全部帖子
Children who passed the interview but did not have offers right away because of insufficient Y1 places in the selected school were not required to attend the enhancement programme.

原帖由 waiwai123 於 10-2-5 19:59 發表
以去年青衣英基之做法,是學生如果在waitlist內,找一位老師將這組人補習,再過一兩個月,安排這些學生再面試,機會都好大.

[ 本帖最後由 strayteddy 於 10-2-5 21:40 編輯 ]

10#
發表於 10-2-8 09:43 |顯示全部帖子
I wonder whether WKS has made it clear to parents the picture ahead before the application for Y1.  TY encouraged parents to apply for both ESF primary and PIS as well as IS not under the Foundation given the foreseeable keen competition.  It's really the responsibility of the kinder to let parents know about their situation.  They are the one to channel admission info from various sources like individual primary schools and head office to the parents.

ESF have modified the admission system this year.  Upon receipt of the invite for interview, applicants were told whether they would have an offer in the first round.  Letter for Cat 1 applicants stated clearly that they would be offered a place if they pass the screening while that for Cat 2 applicants said they would only be placed on waitlist.

11#
發表於 10-2-9 17:57 |顯示全部帖子
If you have any questions or worries, you can approach the class teacher for advice.  That is the most direct and reliable way.

原帖由 可愛小肥媽 於 10-2-9 17:31 發表
My son is now in ESF K1 and I'm worry if he can get a seat in ESF pri next year.  Is it related to his daily behaviour at school?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題