用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Which school will you choose, RC or SJS?
發新帖
查看: 3699|回覆: 1
go

Which school will you choose, RC or SJS? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-3-19 14:43 |顯示全部帖子
Hello X-mum, kcpapa,

My son was offered P1 admissions to both schools (SJS & RC) in the first round in early February 2009. My husband and I have chosen SJS for him. RC has its strengths. But we are more confident with SJS over RC. SJS is also going to have Mandarin Chinese lessons every day starting 2009. For some reasons, I am not convinced by the saying of more Chinese learning opportunities with RC than SJS. To me, the only concern is that at RC they teach Traditional Chinese while Simplifed at SJS. I personally prefer Traditional Chinese. But SJS is overall a far more established school with academic track record (SC) and mature and experienced teaching staff and system. But RC has better facilities and campus. It is also more convenient in terms of transportation. It is directly located at a Mass Transit station. I have been to RC and found the staff very nice and helpful too. RC's information technology infrastructure is very well established with which, SJS's is not comparable. Also, RC offers lunch sets to its primary students but SJS doesn't. This has been a big problem for me too. If you choose SJS, perhaps we could share our thoughts and doings more at or off BK.

Good luck to your choice.

Miclint

2#
發表於 09-3-19 14:54 |顯示全部帖子
One more thing I forgot to pinpoint, which you should already known anyway: SJS doesn't offer IB program at its middle years but RC offers a through IB program. Considering this, RC is better. RC offers scholarship to its outstanding primary students which can fully cover school fee while so far this has not happened at SJS (ESF).

Honestly, the decision between SJS and RC is really difficult to make. We had gone through a big pain in giving up one of them as both of them have their own strengths. It's really difficult!

Miclint
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖