教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 Anfield International Kindergarten - Playgroup
發新帖
查看: 7828|回覆: 5
go

Anfield International Kindergarten - Playgroup [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-5-12 00:15 |顯示全部帖子

Re: Anfield International Kindergarten - Playgroup

May I know why you said the teachers are 'so so' at that time?? Is it because all good /well experienced teachers will be gone for holidays during Summer??
It's very important to me cos I plan to let my son attend the next 'playgroup' which will start from July.
Many thanks.

Radiomama 寫道:
Rachellin,

For Anfield, no trial class.  You could only observe it when you go to the open day with your kid.  (A class for demonstration only.)
The next term is summer course, from July to Mid Aug.  But usually the teachers are so and so at that time.   You'd better join the class from Sept.

Radiomama

2#
發表於 07-5-17 10:29 |顯示全部帖子

angusbbma,

I didn't apply for Anfield or TT because of the transportation issue (no parking space). I'll go to visit HLYIS next Tue cos I live in NT.

I have a friend whose girl tried Anfield's playgroup before and the comments is good. Of course, it maybe another story for the summer course which will be handled by substitute teachers.

About TT, the building is new and clean. I like the envirnoment very much and the comments are good too from most BK moms. But agreed with some moms that TT allows every visitor visit the classrooms at anytime which is a little interruption to  both the kids & parents there. The reception girl was very nice when I visited there last Tue.

If I were you, I would try TT first because you can skip the substitute teachers in Anfield during the Summer time (Summer Camp).

Try TT first to feel it's good or not yourself. If it's good, then keep it otherwise switch to Anfield after Summer.

3#
發表於 07-5-18 23:45 |顯示全部帖子

Angusbbma,

Yes, I have visited Anfield too. This school is old but I like it has front & rear playgrounds (TT has only one small playground). Be honest, I would say Anfield is a school & TT is more like a playgroup center.

HLYIS is Hong Lok Yuen Int'l School. Remember I said my friend's girl tried Anfield's playgroup before?? After the playgroup, the girl switched to study at HLYIS for K1 (now is K2). The girl's cousin (same age) keeps studying in Anfield after the playgroup. Compare these 2 girls, my friend said both speak good English in complete sentence, however her niece knows more words while her girl is independent.

Where do u live?? I live in MOS.

angusbbma 寫道:
gardenwoods,

Thank you for your comment and suggestion.

Did you visit Anfield before?  Is the environment good?  I've not visit either one   

By the way, may I know the full name of HLYIS, I also live in NT   

4#
發表於 07-5-19 01:04 |顯示全部帖子

angusbbma,

I live in VP and actually my son (18mths old now) has already been accepted by Boxhill for N1 in Jan 08.
Consider other kinders just because I don't want my son to study in a kinder which has no outside playground for 4 years. Therefore you can see all kinders I have talked about have outside playgrounds.
And, IS/ESF is my target as my son 99% will go to university in Canada in future.
Do u want to join me to visit HLYIS next Tue afternoon??

5#
發表於 07-5-20 00:17 |顯示全部帖子

angusbbma,

Is Boxhill your final choice for N1?? If yes, why don't u just join the Mother Duck playgroup in Boxhill?? My son is now attending it every Mon, Wed & Fri (1 hr/day & 3 days/wk). It's not bad to a 1.5 yrs old boy especially no need to travel from MOS to KLN.

6#
發表於 07-5-21 01:03 |顯示全部帖子

angusbbma,

Not sure if the contents of playgroup in weekdays are the same as on Sat. But below activities are what we usually do:
At the beginning of the class, there are 5-10mins free play for kids to warm up. After that we sing 'good afternoon' song and also learn 7 days a week & what's the weather today from 2 other songs. And then we have arts & crafts time, snack time & playroom (free play with cars or tunnel) time. We sing 1-2 more songs & also 'goodbye' song before go.

Be honest, I don't feel bad about the air inside the classroom since they usually open the windows and turn on the air-cond at the same time.

If you have concern about the communication issue for your mom, frankly speaking, I don't think you can find any Chinese playgroup in any Int'l kinders. Or you may try 好時光 in 沙田廣場, their playgroup is in Chinese and I tried it before when my son was 1 yr old.
Good Time
Please contact 何老師 for detail.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題