教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 維記PN結果
發新帖
樓主: hippofant
go

維記PN結果 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-3-22 18:20 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Honeycali,
May I know if your son attends the playgroup at Vic?  Just wonder if there will be any difference for their playgroup and non-playgroup students.

2#
發表於 11-3-22 19:49 |顯示全部帖子
Congrats turtlelau!!!
In fact, not many kindergartens offer fullday program on kowloon side.  At the end, it's upto you which school you would like your son to attend.  If I were you, I would not consider the daily arrangement into consideration but rather would only choose a school which is best for him.

Since you are going to deliver in August and will have your maternity leave till October, still have sometime to arrange if need.

Good luck.

3#
發表於 11-3-23 00:35 |顯示全部帖子
Dear all mommies,
Do you know which campuses offer MWF or TW classes?
Also, is Victoria only have their pre-nursery in English and Cantonese only?  I thought they also have international stream which uses mainly english and PTH.  However, i was told lately that this is not the case.  Just confused.

4#
發表於 11-3-23 12:56 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks all mommies for your replies.
I just called Vic (HMT) and they said that they only offered MWF and TTh classes.  Those who have brothers and sisters studying there will be given priorities for both offers of MWF + TTh.
Other students may either be offered with MWF or TTh.

Anyone heard about this?

5#
發表於 11-3-23 18:53 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 nicole12 於 11-3-23 17:59 發表
我收到取錄信(harbor green) 但係得2日, 所以我致電學校查詢, 5日既學位是安排比有哥哥姐姐在讀書既細佬妹, 而3/2日就是按面試時表現(沒有兄弟姐妹既小朋友)

Hi Nicole12,
I checked with HMT campus today and they told me exactly the same thing for their campus.
I think this is rather strange.  If a kid only got MWF offer, what should he do on tuesday and thursday?  Maybe such arrangement is due to the fact that there were just too many applicant these few years.

I know that there were more than 700 nos of application at HMT campus this year for PN.  

Do you know the number for HG campus?

6#
發表於 11-3-23 18:55 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 DaffyMum 於 11-3-23 18:12 發表
We purposely speak mandarin and English with them but 公公婆婆speak Cantonese , and they have been with Tutor Time for nearly a year.

Hi DaffyMum,
My son also attended TT playgroup for more than a year and he is now attending their nursery.  I quite like their arrangement between English and PTH sessions.  My son can understand a lot of PTH and can sing PTH songs, even though we do not speak much PTH with him at home.

7#
發表於 11-3-23 23:09 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 denniswklee 於 11-3-23 21:41 發表

Harbor Heights received approximately 700 applications.  

BTW, only HH & CWB offers trilingual even for PN.   The rest of campus provide bilingual (English / Cantonese).  I thought it's stated clea ...

Hi denniswklee,
I do remember that they state on the form which campus offers trilingual or bilingual program.  But I'm afraid that they didn't mention HMT and HG campus would only offer MWF or TTh for most of the applicants, excpet the children already have siblings studying in the same school.

8#
發表於 11-3-24 00:35 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 LPN 於 11-3-24 00:08 發表
請問有OFFER既朋友幾時註冊? 想知幾時會知有冇機會。。 我阿B都係 waiting.

First registration will be on or before 31 Mar.

9#
發表於 11-3-24 01:39 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 isakwok_1 於 11-3-24 00:54 發表
Winifred102, thx for telling me that the 5-day offer is mainly for those who have siblings studying at Victoria. To be honest, I am a bit disappointed with the arrangement. I think they should at leas ...

Isakwok_1,
No problem.  It's nice that we all mommies can share info on this platform here.
I think the best thing with Victoria is that they secure K1 placement for all their PN students.  If you really like this school, you may think of accepting their offer.  At the same time, you may consider if you want your son to attend PN at another school, or just simply enroll him into other activities (such as language courses, art courses, or other supplementary academic courses, etc) to fill up the time on tuesday and thursday and to ensure that you son will not miss too much as compared to the curriculum of 5-day program.  Then after PN, he can then move on to K1 at Vic and will start normal 5-day program.

10#
發表於 11-3-24 23:05 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 christy888 於 11-3-24 20:19 發表
如果維記pn讀pm class, 是否升上k1都係PM class, 有無mami可比d意見.

thanks a lot.

Hi christy888,
I think you still have chance to change.  I know a lot of mommies even requests for change from one campus to another.  The school will notify the parents of the PN students sometimes around Jan/Feb each for reserving a placement for K1 in the following academic year.  At that time, you can request switching to morning session.  Of course, you'd better call up the school and verify this first.

11#
發表於 11-3-25 00:03 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 christy888 於 11-3-24 23:13 發表
Hi winifred102,

thanks for your opinion and suggestion.  Have more chance to swift to am class or just a few of seat in next year

thanks

I think there will be more seats available for K1, since quite a number of the PN students at Vic may switch to other famous kindergarten, such as St Cat, Kentville, etc.

12#
發表於 11-3-25 00:39 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 isakwok_1 於 11-3-25 00:07 發表
DaffyMum/Winifred102,
Same here. We also like TT. Interestingly, I think if you do a detailed calcuation, TT is NOT more really too expensive when compared to Victoria. My boy attended two days of pla ...

haha, isakwok_1,
I did similar thing as you did.  My boy attended 3 days at TT playgroup and 2 days at TT playgroup.
And now he started nursery at TT for nearly 2 months.  I would say that the PTH program at TT is much stronger as they have 50% english and 50% PTH in each lesson for all their playgroups, nursery and kindergartens classes, whereas in Vic, they only have 15min per week.  For playgroup, I think TT and Vic are at similar rates with TT a little bit more expensive.
But for nursery and K1-3, TT is quite expensive (I think it's $7xxx/mth starting next academic year) even more expensive than Yew Chung half-day program.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題