搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 有冇唸住2012報St Cat N班的家長?
發新帖
樓主: Jenjo
go

有冇唸住2012報St Cat N班的家長? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-8-19 18:41 |顯示全部帖子
My son is 2.5 yrs old now and I have been through quite a number of PN interviews with him last year.  Just want to share with you some of my thoughts towards those interview courses.
I'm not sure if those interview courses for young kids less than 2 are really useful.  The success/failure for PN interview really depends on the condition of the kids at that very moment during the interview.  Instead of wasting the money on those interview courses, we as parents should put more attention on our kids.  For example, understand more of his/her emotion, favourite, what can trigger him/her to speak/react more, his/her sleeping schedule (this is important since you have no choice on the time of interview.  If we are not so lucky and being schedule the interview time during our kids' normal napping time, we may have to alter a bit our children's schedule a few days before the interview in order to make sure he/she is well-rested before the interview).
Spend more time to search on BK forum what other mommies said about the "past ïnterview questions". Then you may prepare yourself and your kids on those.
Don't rely on those commerical interview courses.  Save up the money for better use.

原帖由 v_vcsl 於 11-8-19 08:22 發表

Hi Superbird ! 我打算比我個女9月上幼兒園面試班,因為我搵左某機構既老師,佢專教面試班,不過我未上過佢堂,我實際都唔知教成點,老師話8月會通知我開班與否,希望面試班對我個女有幫助啦! ...

[ 本帖最後由 winifred102 於 11-8-19 18:45 編輯 ]

2#
發表於 11-8-20 05:29 |顯示全部帖子
Hi Superbird,
I applied 9 schools in total.  But then, we eventually attended 7 only.  And among these 7 schools, we were lucky enough and got 5 offers eventually.
You may want to apply around 4-5 at least.  The reason is that your kid may not perform as you expect during each interview.  There could be other reasons that you may not be able to attend some interviews, for example, clash in interview time for some schools, illnesses, kid in a really bad mood and crying non-stop.  It's good that you select 1-2 as trial for your kid before the interview dates of your dream schools, so that you will know how your kid will react during the trial and then prepare yourself and your kids for the real ones.  Of course, every interview differs from each other, in terms of teachers, questions, the school environment, influence from the people around.  In my case, my son performs better if the school has more cars for him to play before the interview.  I still remembered in one of the interviews, there was no car or other toys at all but only some simple toy of buliding block which my son had no interest at all.  Even worse, there were a lot of people waiting inside a room for an interview and the waiting time was around more than 30-45 minutes which made my son feel uneasy and annoyed.  As a result, my son was crying and crying non-stop and did not even attend the actual interview.
Just some little tips for sharing. Wish you success in your upcoming challenges.

原帖由 Superbird 於 11-8-19 23:32 發表

Thanks for sharing your experience. How about your son? Still looking for PN now? How many kindergarten have you applied last year? I might apply 6-8 in case my son couldn't get a good result in the  ...

[ 本帖最後由 winifred102 於 11-8-20 05:32 編輯 ]

3#
發表於 11-8-20 05:41 |顯示全部帖子
I think, those interview courses may give you some generic questions from each school.  However, a better way to equip yourself and your kid is to play and spend more time with your kids and understand his/her strengths and weaknesses.  During an interview, try to show the teachers how much your kids can do, even though he/she may not be able to answer all questions asked by the teachers.
Also, talk more to other mommies, especially those with previous experience in attending PN school interviews.  Each may come across different situation and can give you some insights on how to deal with them.
Also, be prepared to other unexpected situation, such as, other kids crying during the interviews, or other kids fighting for toys with your kids, etc.

原帖由 winifred102 於 11-8-20 05:29 發表
Hi Superbird,
I applied 9 schools in total.  But then, we eventually attended 7 only.  And among these 7 schools, we were lucky enough and got 5 offers eventually.
You may want to apply around 4-5 at  ...

4#
發表於 11-8-29 21:02 |顯示全部帖子
Are you sure?

But the teacher in PN class said PN students need not to apply for K1 for next academic year.

原帖由 nlj1216 於 11-8-29 16:25 發表

The other day I called St Catherine...the staff said "NOT SURE if guarantee to promote from PN to K1....".
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖