教育王國 討論區 聖瑪加利男女英文中小學 請問聖瑪加利的備取生入讀機會大嗎?
發新帖
樓主: zhanglam
go

請問聖瑪加利的備取生入讀機會大嗎? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-6-9 00:41 |顯示全部帖子
Just wanna to ask:

Coz i read fm the post, the school is quite "heat" ... May i ask why as i need to decide which sch to apply next yr.

Sometimes i am a bit worried if the info here are prceise and truth.. ( sorry if i offence anyone). U know, this sch is not as famous in terms of popularity.

I beg someone who can give me details info ( with million tks!)

1) how their academic standard? Eng, Maths & Chi
2) i check their website and found out that most teachers are quite green in teaching, are the teachers are experienced enough?
3) knowing that there are some % foreigners, would like to know where they come from? are they all black?
4) does it have much chance to build up children's confidence via presenations, show & tell, etc?
5) what is the background of the students, i,e. fm middle class?

Thanks a lot!

2#
發表於 09-6-9 22:14 |顯示全部帖子
I just want to know the background of the students, i don't think i have any discrimination.

Indeed, i concerned the teachers, academic standards, too. And i am now seeking helpful parents to answer my questions.

U definitely didn't answer to my question.

原帖由 Chatter 於 09-6-9 19:03 發表
Kam 118,

As wise parents, we should not judge a school by it's surface and we should not judge people by their skin colour and their class.

If you are interest in SM, you should do more backgroup in ...

3#
發表於 09-6-10 14:21 |顯示全部帖子
Tks to monkeydad & bblaw reply.

May i ask another question: I just want to know more and open for discussion. ( hoping that i did not offence anyone this time)

What do u think abt the TSA results? I heard someone said that if no banding of the school, it would be much more difficult to find other school when promoted to secondary. Of course, we can stay at SMC for sec school... but just know if we can still have choices abt other school.

原帖由 monkeydad 於 09-6-10 08:08 發表
Kam118,

I learnt that for 2008-2009 P1, there are quite a number of kids from Learning Habitat.  In that year, the school even sent forms to this kinder.  But not sure whether it is still the case no ...

4#
發表於 09-6-10 14:24 |顯示全部帖子
you must be a top guy, even a simple note can offend you. sorry for that!

原帖由 Chatter 於 09-6-10 14:01 發表
Kam 118,

I did not answer your questions because I felt offended by your note

5#
發表於 09-6-11 19:47 |顯示全部帖子
Many tks for yr reply, monkeydad.

Yes, I am quite confused becoz my kid is shy and lack of confidence but she likes reading and she can finish all homework w/ little guidance. Therefore, I am thinking i should put her into traditional sch which she can doing well in many aspects... but it may lose chance of building her confidence or presentation skills.. That's why i am interested in SMC, hoping that it would have more chance to explore herself in front of others. I think it is v. important to her future development.

My friend advised me that if SMC cannot meet yr expectation on above aspects, u just can't go back since they don't have any bands, it would be difficult if u want to switch back to other traditional school. That's shy i am eager to know abt if they give chances to students to show and talk... any chance to forth back if any gap happened.

I know SMC is a good school but just worried if i will make the right choice to my kids.. and keep asking questions.

Anyway, I would like to say "thanks" again!

原帖由 monkeydad 於 09-6-11 12:43 發表
kam118,

I have not thought through your question re. TSA result in depth.  We select SMC partly because its direct promotion to the secondary section.  Besides, we have confidence on SMC in achieving ...

6#
發表於 09-6-12 02:26 |顯示全部帖子
hi bblaw,

what is CCC?

原帖由 bblaw 於 09-6-11 20:05 發表
Kam118.
I am just a new member of SMC. But, I search a lot of data from current students.One make me a support. One kid can go CCC   in kowloon Tong which is band 1 secondary school. In my opinion, SM ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題