用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 福建中學附屬學校 有無家長收到福小的2012一2013入學通知信? ...
發新帖
樓主: catdengcat
go

有無家長收到福小的2012一2013入學通知信? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-10-13 14:19 |顯示全部帖子
My son is a current P1 student and wanna to share some info with you:

1.        Small class with 2 class teachers and one is NET (2 teachers vs 25 students).
2.        Home room teaching. Major subjects would be taught by the class teachers in P1 & P2 such as English, Maths, Thematic Studies (taught in Eng) …other subjects like Chinese (taught in PTH), music, PE, IT, Visual Art, life education would be taught by specific teachers.
3.        The last lesson is homework guidance (everyday exception Friday) so the students can complete 60-80% of their h/w at school (class teachers are present in the homework guidance class). The have ECA on Friday and is part of the curriculum. Free of charge. My son chooses swimming class and he goes to the indoor swimming pool at Fukien Secondary School by coach.
4.        The homework volume is not much (compared with traditional school). About 4-5 h/w per day. No heavy copying job. My son said h/w is easy.
5.        I have been the class demonstration on the open day (My son was selected to be one of the demo students and he said the demo is exactly the same as a normal class). I am very impressed by the NET’s teaching (the Eng class). Very interactive and very interesting. I previously thought Fukien is a quite traditional school before but I changed my mind after I saw the demo class. That’s why my son told me ..he is ok with the school and in fact, he does quite well.  
6.        The school hardware is very good. The campus is v big with a lots of different function rooms.
7.        No exam in the first term in P1. Good news to me as I will go to sabah in X’mas in Dec…..haha
8.        Another good thing is that the lunch box is home-made by school canteen instead of bulk ordering from Café de Coral or other fast food provider. At least one choice of vegetarian everyday. Soup and fruit are provided everyday. Also, students can add more if one lunch box is not enough. I tried the canteen food, the homemade cookie is very yummy! So I let him to order lunch box instead of asking maid to deliver the home made lunch box.

Most importantly, choosing school for your child is a matching process. Understand your kid's strength bofore you make decision.

All in all, I am very happy I gave up some others and finally chose this right one for my son. I know it's not an easy game. Good luck all ~

[ 本帖最後由 gegemok 於 11-10-13 15:31 編輯 ]

2#
發表於 11-10-13 15:18 |顯示全部帖子
學校實而不華,像福中一樣,不高調做宣傳...或者跟我們沒有像CEO般口才的校長有關 ~

[ 本帖最後由 gegemok 於 11-10-13 18:08 編輯 ]

3#
發表於 11-10-13 23:26 |顯示全部帖子
據在所知,早前學校係有辦中文班的,所以有些班是沒有NET作班主任.校長亦有提及雖然有些老師是中國人樣,不過其實係在外國長大,英文跟西人一樣好。

其實香港好多英文小學,都係中國人教,福附算係多NET,我感覺到校長知道家長想要NET, 已經努力加外籍老師。anyway, 其實只是在小一小二才有NET作班主任也ok,因為呢d年紀係學語言黃金時期....

4#
發表於 11-10-14 11:48 |顯示全部帖子
開左學個多月了,我想跟大家分享一下小兒上小學的感受…
其實我選呢間學校,初時有幾個原因: (1) 近屋企,可以自家接送不用搭校車;有人說,搭校車省出來的時間,用來做功課或者玩耍更好; (2) 對辦學團體有信心, 福中的成績,一年比一年好,而且入大學率高,所以小學可以一條龍直升福中,對於我呢D考小學都怕怕的家長來說,有間不錯的中學作backup實在係好; (3)英文小學加普教中; 語言是溝通的橋樑,在全球一體化下,有好的英文及普通話能力,對將來升學及求職更有幫助.(4)朋友的正面口碑.
開左學之後,我那個內外細膽無信心的仔(佢幼稚園時很少舉手發問,不主動,有時會對返學有憂慮)居然出奇地很輕鬆及容易就適應了新學校的生活. 而且是充滿信心,對我說明白課堂及可以輕鬆地應付功課,所謂萬事起頭難,我很開心他能夠一開始就鍾意學校生活,我覺得老師和學校最大功勞~我也有聽到有d家長投訴學校admin有d亂,或者我要求比較低,小朋友開心上學對我來說都好足夠~
其實以上都不是我最大的驚喜,最大驚喜係我認識了一班無私及有心的家長….聽說在很多名校,家長視其他同學為敵人,別的小朋友多一分,就等於自家小朋友少了一分;別的小朋友學多一樣技能,等於自家小朋友少了一塊肉….慶幸我們的小朋友都不是乘benz回學校的,於是我們在上學的路上會碰上,會交流,會閒聊一下…..連我仔,每天在途上都會四處張望,期待可以早一點跟同學見面,打招呼……我們的家長,早在開學前已經開了private forum,互通消息,不論是功課,默書,小測定課外活動,都互相分享,”每天”也會一起討論….我記得,有一次,明天要測驗了,我仔忘了帶書回來,我收到不少幫助的手,最後去了同學仔屋企借書…..也有人因為忘了帶作業,其他家長將全本作業scan放上網…呢d守望相助的精神,在現今的怪獸文化已經買少見少…我好慶幸我仔能夠跟這些在有教養的家庭長大下的小朋友交往….畢竟我打算阿仔會在這裡讀12年書,小一的同學將會和他一起成長….
最後,我覺得一個小朋友的成長,有好多因素去影響佢,學校,家庭,朋友都同樣重要~

[ 本帖最後由 gegemok 於 11-10-14 12:36 編輯 ]

5#
發表於 11-10-25 12:48 |顯示全部帖子
多謝分享....我地呢度的家長真係好勁, 好informative ~

6#
發表於 11-10-31 00:59 |顯示全部帖子
唯一缺點係phonic 教得比較少....好彩有NET班主任日對夜對,英文聽說能力不錯.....如果phonic 強d, 可以加強英文讀寫能力,有機會我會跟老師反影一下!

7#
發表於 11-10-31 14:30 |顯示全部帖子
其實我相信大家也希望小朋友將來能夠至少大學畢業...福小令我有安全感~

1. band one 中學,在香港升讀大學較有保證;
2. 就算往外國升讀大學,因我們是英文小學,而且有NET每日學英文, 往外國也不怕溝通不上;
3. 若想升讀國內升名大學, 以我們普遍話的能力,絕對無問題~

8#
發表於 11-11-1 10:07 |顯示全部帖子
福附小一係實行home room teaching, 英,數,常都會由班主任以英語教授,小朋友跟班主任關係比較close,密切d,所以可以幫助適應新生活...其他科目,如中文,音樂, IT, PE 等會由專科老師教~
‹ 上一主題|下一主題