用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 Pre-Nursery class of Kingston and Tutor Time - Which ...
發新帖
查看: 10658|回覆: 12
go

Pre-Nursery class of Kingston and Tutor Time - Which one will you choose? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-3-18 21:40 |顯示全部帖子

Re: Pre-Nursery class of Kingston and Tutor Time - Which one will you choose?

Hi, I got confirmation letter from Kingston as well, but it's PM class, I'm just worrying that my daughter might not be able to adapt to the PM class coz she needs to take afternoon nap.

2#
發表於 07-3-19 09:16 |顯示全部帖子

Dear Diamond Hill and other monthers,

I don't have other alternative for PN class, and Kingston and TT might be the only 2 choice for me coz I want my daughter to expose to Mandarin and English teaching, rather than Cantonese. So Kingston & TT are my only choice. Yes, school bus is another issue, the locaiton of Kingston is really not good, only if you could take taxi everyday, then it will not be a problem...haha...and also nap time is the 3rd issue.....anyway, I may still go register on 21 March, if I don't have other good suggestions.

3#
發表於 07-3-20 09:10 |顯示全部帖子

dear all mums,

in fact, Kingston is my first priority for PN class, I like it very much except it's more expensive and we are only allocated with afternoon class. 2 child of my friend studying there, one for PN class and one for primary class, my friend told me their mandarin are so native and both of her child like the school so much, I also heard of some positive comments from others, so Kingston will be my first choice despite there are drawbacks in logistic issue. I myself and one of friend will register tmr.

Keep in touch.

4#
發表於 07-3-20 13:50 |顯示全部帖子

Dear Kadie mum,

TT is not IS, Victoria HMT is planning to run IS in the future, but their PN class has no mandarin (only cantonese). Seems that IS is not applicable for PN class, but my priority is to give my child an environment to expose to both english and mandarin. U can give an email or call to Kingston or TT, probably your daughter can apply for their PN class by Aug 2008, when she's 2 yrs old.

5#
發表於 07-3-20 16:30 |顯示全部帖子

dear Kadie mum,

Sorry I may misinterpret the meaning, IS = international School, while IB is Kingston's teaching method. Yes, TT is international school, my daughter is taking playgroup class there, twice a week.

This year, TT charges HKD6,500 for 5 days PN class, same price as Kingston. WHile TT has an option that you cn take 3 days per week, which is about HKD4,x00 per month.

6#
發表於 07-3-21 15:24 |顯示全部帖子

Dear Kadie & Elizatyy,

my daughter is 19 mth now, she used to attend PG at Victoria, but shifted to TT starting in Jan 2007 as TT provides both Eng & Mandarin. The toddler class in TT are quite flexible, and tutition fee depends on how many days you child attend per wk., you can call to TT Emily a t 23380983 to arrange for a visit, she's very nice. However, if you want to take Kingston's PN class, esp AM class, they do have priority given to their PG students, else you'll be allocate the PM session.

7#
發表於 07-3-21 16:13 |顯示全部帖子

haha..probably, my daughter is taking tue and sat 10:30am class...it's her grand mom take her school on tue while I myself n husband take her school on sat. I don't know why, my daughter seems quite scare of Mr. Will.

8#
發表於 07-3-22 11:24 |顯示全部帖子

Dear mums,

I do admire most of you as housewife & "bun bun" coz I have to work..haha...I do have a different thought on my girl's path. I do want her to start education in 2 yr old, but I do want her to go to ordinary primary school, like DGS, St. Mary, Maryknoll, coz my child is a girl  and I sometimes see those girls studying in IS seconday school are so...open minded...that's somthing I don't want. But I will see if she like Kingston and if she really like it, I'll let her continue studying there.

Dear DenDenMi, my girl\s name is Kayleigh. But it's her grandmom who take her sch on tue.

By the way, I still haven't sorted out the transportation method to Kingston, I live in Hung Hom, and it's quite far away to walk from Kowloon Tong KCR station to Kingston, although they have given me the name of the sch bus, but I don't want her to take sch bus...I'm headache about this....unless I don't have to work...hehe

9#
發表於 07-3-22 14:57 |顯示全部帖子

Hi Siumanmama,

My mom is running sch bus for kindy & primary in NT, and she told me it's quite harsh for young baby taking sch bus everyday, she told me sch bus should be the last priority.  I did call to the sch bus driver to enquire about the route, if you are the first one to get on, you'll the last one to get off, that's mean, it will take you an hour per journey...When I registered yesterday, I personally walked to chk the distance, and I did see some children walking from KCR to sch, I think it would still be ok if it's not very hot and not rainy day....haha I do ask my mother in law to get a driving license, then the major issue can be solved...haha

10#
發表於 07-3-22 18:35 |顯示全部帖子

dear Den Den mi,

my daughter's name is pronounced as "Kay-lee", difficult to spell, but easy to pronunce. Honestly, I do admire c9 who don't need to work, at the time of maternity leave, I started to know what is 母愛, and not willing to resume work...but reality is I get back to work...and till nowadays, I still want to spend every minutes with my daughter...that's why you will see my reply during office hours...haha..

dear Mi1808,

TT is good, teachers there are professional, Course Director Ms. Emily is good, and you can have flexibility in choosing the class, however, I think it's too crowed, esp on sat, there are 12 children + 12 parents + 2 teacher = 26 ppl inside a classroom. I know they are planning to open some more class later as they have more and more children nowadays. Regarding Victoria, I did join their PG for 2 mths, it's in english and cantonese, english teachers are good as well, its all depends on whether you want mandarin or cantonese. Hope this info help !

11#
發表於 07-3-22 18:40 |顯示全部帖子

by the way, I feel life threatening after giving those comments and have deleted my daughter picture...hehe...I think it may be the reason why my daughter was not granted a place in Victoria becasue of my bad  words on their PG.....haha

12#
發表於 07-3-23 10:46 |顯示全部帖子

Dear Siumanmama,

Thanks for providing the route...I think convincing her grandmom to get a driving license should be the most effective way...she is not very old yet...haha

Dear DenDenmi, what's you son's name? I may take my child to sch if I got a day off, then we can meet and talk more and more...

by the way, do u have any plan to apply for CCKG when they are K3?

13#
發表於 07-3-24 12:42 |顯示全部帖子

Woo ~~~Cambridge and Harvard may be a bit far from my thought...I would be more than happy if she really can get in local branded primary sch like St. MAry or DG.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題