教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 培僑interview.你哋覺得点呀?? ...
發新帖
樓主: freema
go

培僑interview.你哋覺得点呀?? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-10-25 21:37 |顯示全部帖子

Re: 培僑interview.你哋覺得点呀??

My daughter also share the same with us. She also unable to complete the drawing.
不過等接小朋友時係小禮堂聽2位老師講解學校d嘢就not good at all. Strongly have the Mainland China feel. So far did not notice any fluent English feel in this school. The student also not giving me a good impression as well - still talkin lots in Cantonese and not very polite and accountable.
My daughter got a admitted by St. Margreat in Shum Shui Po, and the English and the student seems better than Pui kui.
The only reason that i still try Pui Kui is the location is much closer to my home (Ma On Shan).

Anyway, will wiat and see if any 2nd interview - but they neer mentioned to our interview group during the interview on last Sat.

2#
發表於 05-10-26 20:56 |顯示全部帖子

Re: 培僑interview.你

If 原因係報名人數太多,好難揀. It's unacceptable.
They shoudl know how many students being invited for interview and how many seats they have.
If they really know what they are doing, even they have 5000 aplicant, and only take 50 student, they should know their process and how to rate the student. From the rating (by marks etc.) then short listed the Top ranking and offer a seat. The rest, PK can arrange another 10% Top student for the waiting list. That's is common for other school.
It's so simple for PK to do it, how come the Principal did not set this process up before the interview process. Thsi is not the first year as well.
Does it means that last year the quality of student or applicant is not good hence they do nto hav eprocess to get the existimg student? Then the qulaity of the student (and the teacher) may hav ethe same issue.

By the way, I did not prepare for any interview for my daughter even for the 1st interview as I just let my daughter perform what she is and see if the school is able to take her.

May be she got a seat in St. Margreat already and I really not care so much on the PK seat than before. I totally change my preception for PK after the school briefing and the 1st interview arrangement.
Hope PK able to change my preception after the 2nd interview (if any for my daughter).

good luck to all.

3#
發表於 05-10-26 22:34 |顯示全部帖子

Re: 培僑interview.你

Actually, after a year survey, I decided to apply Pui Kui. We onyl submit one application among all schools. We apply St Margret as a back up and use it as a pilot run for the interview. Both my wife and I did not expect my daughter got a seat as she told the principal that she will watch TV first beofre doing her homework!
I strongly believe Pui Kui's mission and direction if they deliver what they say. But it seems the reality is not the same....Or may still need time to prove it.
If my daughter go a chance for 2nd interview, I wil go for it as I stil need to decide which one is good for my daughter due to location issue, we liv in Ma On Shan and it's too far for St. Margreat unless we move house...we will if we don't have a seat in Pui Kui and if we find out that Pui Kui is 70% on Mandarin rather than seek the balance between Englsih and Mandarin.

What is your choice?

4#
發表於 05-10-28 21:55 |顯示全部帖子

Re: 培僑interview.你?覺得?呀??

I believe all parents that made comments here are al caring theier kid very much and want to find out a good school. The common that we have is we all prefer Pui Kui (at least in some time).
May be some chagnes mind after 1st interview, some may further strength thier believe in this College. I am sure different parenet have thier own background and consideration, so we shoudl not say who's right or who's wrong. The only think we know is we share our view here to others and see how tohres feel about this school. The final decision is our own...no one can make decision which one is good and which one is bad for your kid. So let's be constructive.
For me, I surely will let my daughter go for 2nd or 3rd interview if she is so lucky that have such chance...as it's still my 1st choice since last year.

Guys, here is the news from Pui Kui College:
We have (in the first round) 750 applicants this year, more than expected. We may have to give a second interview to some of the applicants (parent with children) we think the evaluation may be in fair to them (e.g. performing well in some parts but not so in other parts). This will take place next week.

The answers is yes for hte following:
Those direct admitted will be anounced at the same time, if not earlier.

(1) are you suggesting only certain amount of candidates (with parents) will be required to attend a second interview?

(2) if some of the candidates performed well in the first interview, they will be offered for admission without attending a second interview, is it correct?

(3) will the admission result, which in both cases above, be announced in the same day? Or those who do not need to attend the second interview will be informed earlier?

So I believe, if you did not receive any call/letter from Pui Kui by now, you may not get involved in the 2nd interveiw (may straight in and got a seat, or got rejected). So there is nothing to worry, as nothing we can do to change the result now.
Good Luck and hope to meet you in the Parent's club in Pui Kui next year! (of course for those willing to let their kid to stay in this college).

5#
發表於 05-10-29 23:20 |顯示全部帖子

My daughter did not received any call or leter for 2nd interviw yet. So either she is so luck and got admitted in the first round or she's not classified for 2nd interview at all.
Will shre with you all once received any news...good or bad.
Good Luck for all!

6#
發表於 05-10-31 23:41 |顯示全部帖子

Seems only 風琴 received call for interview.
I believe the School will provide at least 3 days for parent to take leave for interview. So If we still nto receive any call for Interview by Wed., we may not have 2nd interview. Then wish for luck (either straight in or straight out).

7#
發表於 05-11-1 22:53 |顯示全部帖子

My daughter did nto received any 2nd interview notice.
But I still havge confident that my daughter still have higher chance to get in (at least the waiting list).
When you think you can...you can!
Let's wait for the result next week.
Good luck to those have 2nd interview.

8#
發表於 05-11-9 22:43 |顯示全部帖子

培僑唔係收SC學生, 可能係錯覺. 我個小朋友(2000年9月) Not SC 學生, Ma On Shan CUHK Thomas Cheung  學生 and other one in same kindergarten alos 收. But not sure he needs 2nd interview or not.

Not I have a problem to choose between St. Margret and 培僑. Any one can give me advise? Please.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題