用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 特殊教育 請問有無小朋友有語言障礙之後轉左去讀國際班有好大進步 ...
發新帖
查看: 8955|回覆: 2
go

[聽/語障] 請問有無小朋友有語言障礙之後轉左去讀國際班有好大進步? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-4-25 22:26 |顯示全部帖子
lycheema
Stockinette
大鴨媽

I'm so glad to see your discussion here as I have similar dilemma...

I got 3 kids and my eldest one is 5.5 years old.
So I focused on him most and ended up ignoring my No. 2 one who is turning 3 soon.

I haven't taken him to any assessment yet but I suspect he's got mainly pronounciation problem.  (eg. cannot say "Gor Gor" but "Dor Dor", cannot say "S" but "TS"..)
He's now in N1 at a small but caring Kinder (YWCA).  His nursery teacher asked me to take him for assessment at Heep hong already.

However, he also got admitted to St Cat which people normally thinks may give better chance into "famous" primary school than YWCA.  More sarcastically, he got into English-Mandarin class.  I am worried that he'll be very confused with 3 languages. (currently I only speak to him in Cantonese)  Having learnt that most kids got problem with Cantonese can do well in English or Mandarin, should I switch him to St. Cat or let me stay in YWCA?

2#
發表於 08-4-26 22:49 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks for your reply.
Just wondering where do you do the assessment, if I'm willing to go private, do I still need to wait?
Would you recommend Heep Hong or any other?

3#
發表於 08-6-1 00:11 |顯示全部帖子
Congrats!

I have been talking more to my son too and he seems to be more conversant too.
I think we as parents also need to spend more time really talking to our kids to solve the fundamental problem, I just realized I've been treating him like a baby, just feeding and playing...
Anyway, how does your son like Anfield?
I have already declined St. Cat and I bet many people will think I am stupid to give up Eng-PTW class offer...(Sometimes I struggle whether the decision is right too)
‹ 上一主題|下一主題