教育王國 討論區 升中派位 15分鐘面試,係未仲有第二次面試架?
發新帖
查看: 2590|回覆: 2
go

15分鐘面試,係未仲有第二次面試架? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-1-19 23:19 |顯示全部帖子

回復 2# guoguosailo 的帖子

Sorry, there was just an interview for the applicants.

P.S. My girl applied it 2 years ago & got the offer. This is based on my experience.....

2#
發表於 11-1-20 00:22 |顯示全部帖子

回復 1# Williammama 的帖子

1) There is no 2nd interview at that moment.

2) Most kids were in smart causal & school uniform (about 50 / 50). I can remember there was a couple with their kid all in "very formal suit" - like going to the Chinese banquet! In fact, the interview was for the kids only, not for the parents.

3) The kid needs to interview with more than 1 teacher. There was reading in English & Chinese (Mardarin?) Of course, there were some questions the kid needs to answer. As noted, some interviews lasted longer than the others.

4) They had sent out the letters of offer a few time. The 1st round were the offers to all their 1st choice. Of course, there would be somebody give up & not confirm the acceptance. Then they would send out more offers to the others in their waiting list. So the deadline for confirmation could be different for different kids.

P.S. Even I got the offer, I gave it up finally because: a) the school is quite far away & the kid needs to return home late often, b) the school fee is quite high & would be going up in the higher forms - the acceptance of the offer means the commitment for it (about HK$400K in 6 yrs!), c) we are quite sure the kid is in band 1 & can get the good chance in lucky draw. Therefore don't forget to consider all the issues & have the family meeting before the acceptance of the offer - This will last for 6 years!

3#
發表於 11-1-20 11:56 |顯示全部帖子

回復 1# ydoris 的帖子

Yes - you will get the offer from DSS before the lucky draw. Then you need to consider if you will accept the placement & give up the lucky draw. If so, you need to sign the document & return it to the DSS.

P.S. In my case, I got the chances to the interviews in the 1st round of direct application. The schools I applied are both popular band 1 schools & they only selected some students for interview. This gave me a higher chance to get the placement (no matter in 1st round or 2nd round / lucky draw). In addition, the teacher in the primary school also advised that we can have a higher chance to get a good placement - no need to give up the lucky draw. And I can save the money for further education (i.e. going abroad etc.)
‹ 上一主題|下一主題