教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 天神嘉諾撒vs瑪利諾
發新帖
樓主: muicc
go

天神嘉諾撒vs瑪利諾 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-6-16 02:56 |顯示全部帖子

Re: 天神嘉諾撒vs瑪利諾

to a large extent, freedom of speech should be respected on public forum like baby kindom.  Different people from different background with different experiences will think differently and have different opinions.  We should welcome opposing opinions as these will really help us in making our decisions.
In my opinion, parents should not choose the 'best' schools for their children simply because the academic result is on average 2A at HKCEE or so.  It makes no sense at all.  Parents should instead pick a school that suits the child, pay more attention to teaching method and school culture, see whether the child can fit in well and go under pressure.
I am from a very traditional primary and secondary school.  I got only 3A at HKCEE because I was forced to take subjects that i was not interested in and was not allowed to wear earrings or dye hair or so.  I felt oppressed and was quite rebellious.  I got only 3A1D at HKALE because the Psychology class was full and I was forced to study English Literature that i hated.  I wanted to skip class to study but of course traditional schools would consider me a trouble maker.
Then I went to Canada to further my studies.  I dyed my hair for the first time.  I skipped most morning classes and felt really happy as i was finally freed from 13 years' of oppression.  I ranked third in my graduating class and got a medal when i graduated from faculty of Commerce at a famous U in Vancouver because I was free to choose whatever subjects i liked, and free to become myself again.

One's potential is unlimited, but you must put the seed in the right kind of soil with suitable weather.  Different plants have different needs.
Stop looking for 'good school'.  Look into your child and explore her/his inner potentials and find a SUITABLE school and environment.  
This is my case.  Sorry for the lengthiness.

A friend of mine, being a graduate from St. Paul's co-ed, also did not choose the school for her daughter as she did not think that her daughter could fit in well.  She went to less 'famous' school with different culture.  I really think that she is a good mother.  She understands that there is no 'Best school' for everybody and she fulfils her child's needs.
Some parents are pushing their kids too hard to famous schools for their own pride!!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖