教育王國 討論區 備戰大學 兩 大 推 非 聯 招 優 先 取 錄
發新帖
查看: 10244|回覆: 2
go

兩 大 推 非 聯 招 優 先 取 錄 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-12-8 14:43 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 WYmom 於 11-12-8 12:30 發表
In many overseas universities, they will admit students by conditional offers earlier based on predicted exam results... so it is very normal for HKU and CUHK to do the same, why need to be questioned ...

One of my friend(whose daughter is studying in UK for A level) went to CU & HKU Admission Talk for non-Jupas in Oct. According to her, universities will give firm offers (not conditional offers) to those non-Jupas applicants based on their GCSE and UK AS level results earlier next year (well before release of their A Level results). It seems that the policy is similar to that of Early Admission Scheme for HKCEE.

Not sure whether this scheme is applicable to non-Jupas IB applicants. If yes, how can the universities assess their academic performance before release of the IB results?? Base on predicted grades given by teachers?

2#
發表於 11-12-8 15:26 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 ANChan59 於 11-12-8 15:12 發表
My son's senior use PG of Year 1 to apply Non-JUPAS of HKU & CUHK via Fast Track and Early Admission, they all got interviews, now wait for firm offers which will be announced in Jan 2010. If no firm offers then will go to main round for general admission.

Thanks for sharing!

If I were議員何鍾泰, I would follow up and ask why such Fast Track and Early Admission does not apply to HKDSE based on teachers' predicted grades?

3#
發表於 11-12-8 16:50 |顯示全部帖子

回復 1# ANChan59 的帖子

ANChan59,

See your points!
But I don't think the Big 3 will give any firm offers to those elite schools' top students who are invited for early interviews without even a promise for any conditional offers.
One of my friend's son will sit for UK AS/AL next year while studying HKDSE in HK. I guess more people will follow this route--Fast Track and Early Admission!!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題