用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 教育講場 Any good Playgroup in Tseung Kwan O ?
發新帖
查看: 9570|回覆: 10
go

Any good Playgroup in Tseung Kwan O ? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-6-20 23:27 |顯示全部帖子

Re: Any good Playgroup in Tseung Kwan O ?

I will recommend Smart Learning Centre, newly opened in "Sun Po Shing". Actually, my daughter attends playgroup class in its Sai Kung centre since she was around 14 months. The teachers are very creative in inspiring the children. My daughter has been enjoying the classes very much.

As far as I know, Smart Learning Ctr actually founded in Marina Cove of Sai Kung for over 5 years. It recently opened 2 more centres, one in "Sun Po Shing" & one in Sai Kung town. My daughter has been attending its playgroup class 4 days a week since last month & is still not bored. She learnt a lot and is more disciplined, more co-operative. Not to mention learning lots of English through the play. The teachers are all very experienced.   

During the class, the children are given time to listen to story (which are very interactive, not just sit & listen!), dance, paint, etc. A very comprehensive class. I did bring my daughther to other palygorups in Tseung Kwan O, like greenfield, littleton (now closed down) & they just delivered what a standard playgroup suppose to deliver, with very little "real" interaction with the children.     

2#
發表於 05-6-21 22:20 |顯示全部帖子

I don't know why u made such comments on my recomendation. Perhaps u think I am tyring to sell it here. If so, I am afriad u think me wrongly. I really think it's good & I recommend it to other parents.

I can introduce it so details 'cos I bring my daughter to the centre every weekends & really impressed by their teaching method.

It's no benefit or harm to me if parents see my recommendation join the class for their kids or not.

Perhaps I shouldn't be so detail in the description. I am a parent & did a hardtime in finding the right playgroup for my girl, esp in TKO & Sai Kung, & thus want to share this with other parents.

oops, perhaps I wrote too long again. bye.

3#
發表於 05-6-25 22:34 |顯示全部帖子

Any other parents in TKO can share about their favourite playgroup in TKO? I found some parents recommend Kid's Playhouse. Any comments on this? Did anyone try Smart Learning Ctr & share their comments on it?

4#
發表於 05-6-27 22:42 |顯示全部帖子

Hi Prince Aaron,
You can refer to my message posted under this topic last week. I wrote quite details as I really quite satisfied with their creative teaching method & how much my girl learnt so far. Class size is around 5 to 8. Actually, I haven't been to its Sun Po Shing branch. But my girl attends their playgroup in their Marina Cove & Sai Kung town centre branches. School size is ok in these 2 branches & both are also very tidy. I think it cost around $150-200 per 90-minute class, depending how many days a week u join.
They have story time, singing time, dancing time &  painting time. The teacher draws pictures to tell story & play many interactive games with them. They have native English speaking teacher & Chinese one. Personally, I think the Chinese teacher is more creative & very experience in teaching the toddlers. I must stop now as someone may also make some not so nice comments to my recommendation.
You may call them for a tiral class. I think it welcome trial class.     

5#
發表於 05-7-2 11:26 |顯示全部帖子

There was no class yesterday as it's a public holiday. But when my daughter woke up, she asked "school, auntie  ... go" I think it's a sign she missed the class & she really enjoyed attending the class in Smart Learning, though she attends it 4 times a week already. she seems not bored & loved it so much.
What I want to say here is that, you can tell if the teachers & the class are good for your kids from the reactions they have. My girl remembers the games she learnt from the class & tried to play it at home.  

6#
發表於 05-7-15 22:40 |顯示全部帖子

As far as i know, Smart Learning only accept kids of 10 months or above but you may check with it directly. Please refer to previous message for tel no.

Personally, I don't recommend babies to join playgroup before 1 year old.  They are really too small to react to such intensive stimulation. If you really want to your baby to join, you may try some kindermusik courses.

7#
發表於 05-7-17 00:15 |顯示全部帖子

I know Smart Learning has Saturday classes in its Marina Cove branch & Sai Kung town branch. Maybe it's still new in Hang Hau & thus doesn't have enough students to start a Sat class.
When its Sai Kung Town branch opened, it don't offer Sat class as well. But now, after a few months, it has so man students & it just start the SAt class.
Let me reflect your need of Sat class to its owner when i visit the centre next time.   
As far as I know, some of my kid's classmates in Marina Cove live in TKO or Diamond Hill & go to Sai Kung for the class on Sat.

8#
發表於 05-7-25 00:05 |顯示全部帖子

kindermusik is one of the kind of playgroup, which is a stream of playgroup developed with th stress on music as a stimulation to kids starting from a few months old. it's syllabus is faxed & bound by its organisation. You may find more details by viewing www.kindermusik.com
Playgroup generally refer to those classes which aims to provide learning through play opportunities for kids, esp toddlers. Wheather a playgroup is good or not is very dependant to the teacher, the environment & esp. the interaction between the kids with the teacher.

9#
發表於 05-8-5 01:12 |顯示全部帖子

dong dong & sky040223,
pls refer to my pm to u for tel of Smart Learning. As said, I think u can ask for a trial lesson for your kids first to see if suitable for them.

10#
發表於 05-8-23 01:35 |顯示全部帖子

Re: Smart Learning Centre

S.S.
Are u asking me? if so, my daughter is just 2 year olds. She joined Smart Learning's playgroup since she's around 16 months.
I think she learnt a lot of English & started to make friends with her playmates in Smart Learning. Of course, I am not just depending on Smart Learning Ctr to teach her English. At home, I ask my maid to play her some VCDs like Barney's & nursery rhymes' CD for her. She now can sing a lot of rhymes & songs in Barney's programmes and even start follow the roles in the programmes to say the scripts (she can memorise almost every words said in some of her favourite programmes)   Kids can really learn very fast & in a pace that you can't imagine. that's why I want to choose the best & appropriate stuff for my kid to learn.

11#
發表於 05-9-4 18:46 |顯示全部帖子

pycy:
Smart Learning  -tel : 23351261
‹ 上一主題|下一主題