由本地學校轉往國際學校後的轉變 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-1-20 09:11 |顯示全部帖子
回復 scl227 的帖子

Kis 難入嗎?

2#
發表於 12-1-20 09:26 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 meowji 於 12-1-20 09:31 編輯

I spent my primary n secondary in a very good local girl's school with high academic standard. I wasn't a good student then as I hated school n boring classes although my school is already American style with less homework comparing to other band one schools. My parents sent me to canada for grade 12 in a private school. Just one year, I started to love school, the way they teached was totally different. I can say hk students still have a lot of advantages coz of good math background n I saw most canadian students cannot compete with us on some subjects. But once we got into college, most surpassed hk students becoz they have very solid fundamental training to help them think openly, not just by memorizing contents. It's hard to explain, but that year totally changed my life, made me hunger for knowledge from then on. Therefore, even I have connection to top local school, I rather send him to international as I believe we can speak n teach him Chinese at home.

3#
發表於 12-2-3 00:35 |顯示全部帖子
回復 Fatrara 的帖子

Sorry for my late reply. If I were u, I would not send my kid to any of those top notch local schools who claimed to be very prestigeous unless she is a very academic type of person and love studying, the discipline or don't mind tough competition. Many of these schools are not the same as before. It's hard to explain. But I see parents n kids are both v stressful. Don't bother by the name, your kid's happiness is more important. Read the book "rich kid, smart kid"
‹ 上一主題|下一主題