用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 St. Cat., HY, SH, True Light (Tai Hang), how do you ...
發新帖
查看: 7080|回覆: 16
go

St. Cat., HY, SH, True Light (Tai Hang), how do you choose? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-3-12 02:43 |顯示全部帖子 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
We live in TKO.  My gal gets offers from these 4 kindergartens.  TL & SH get higher rate to its primary.  HY is nearer in location.  ST. Cat. Is good in English and co-Ed.  It is hard to make the decision.  Could Anyone give suggestion? Which one is better in terms of academic and moral education.  For TL, SH and HY, which one is better in Primary and Secondary?  Thank you!
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 11-3-12 23:46 |顯示全部帖子
Why do you think st. Cat. Is better?

3#
發表於 11-3-13 00:52 |顯示全部帖子
Thank you woman.  My concern on HY is that percentage of going to P.1 from K.3 is low.  Heard that only approx 10 K3 students can go to primary thru door-knocking! It is not save for P.1.  comparatively, SH has greater chance to go to SH primary and secondary.  In fact, I like HY primary and secondary.  Yet, from other threads, it seems that many BK's parents also have very good comment on SH.  Do you know in terms of kindergarten, primary and secondary, HY or SH is better.  Is it worths to take risk to try the limited chance to HY primary?

4#
發表於 11-3-13 00:53 |顯示全部帖子
Sorry woman, a typo on your name!

5#
發表於 11-3-13 00:54 |顯示全部帖子
It should be wiman.

6#
發表於 11-3-16 21:56 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 3# Lovelychinchin 的文章

I would say my girl is lucky enough to get admission from these kindergartens.  Yes, HY and SH are my preferences and I am struggling between HY and SH.  Actually, I think HY is more suitable for her as my girl is an active girl.  My concern is that chance for HY kinder to
primaryis one of my concern.

7#
發表於 11-3-16 22:06 |顯示全部帖子
I mean chance for HY kinder to primary is low.  Heard that it only have around 10 door knocking chance!  Comparatively, chance of SH is much higher. Yet, location to me is a problem if I go for SH.  I also afraid that SH is traditional and may not suitable for my girl.  Ian, could you share if SH is kind of traditional and demanding Kinder or not?

8#
發表於 11-3-16 22:19 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 10# wiman 的文章

Wiman, yes I registered last Sat.  Is your kid also accepted by HY?

9#
發表於 11-3-16 22:36 |顯示全部帖子
Ian, you are really an expert of SH.  Under your observation, do you think SH is not suitable for active girl?  What do you think the academic level of HY and SH in terms of primary and secondary?  HY or SH have higher academic level?

10#
發表於 11-3-16 22:45 |顯示全部帖子
Ian, You really response quickly.  While I am typing, you have already answered my first question.  So, in fact SH is suitable to active girl as well and they are happy girl.  I want my girl to be independent happy girl and want to choose a kindergarten and even primary and secondary school to her.

11#
發表於 11-3-16 22:48 |顯示全部帖子
Yes, visit these kindergartens during class releases and observe the children and parents is a good ideas to get the answer

12#
發表於 11-3-16 23:56 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks a lot, Ian!  You are really a good father.  Why do you focus on catholic? Are you catholic or you think that catholic school can train up children be more self-discipline?  for HY, do you think its primary will change to DSS soon as it's secondary will change to DSS next year.

13#
發表於 11-3-23 23:44 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks Ian! Do you know how long will it take for switching to DSS usually?  Is there any chance for HY to switch to DSS by 2014?

14#
發表於 11-3-26 03:21 |顯示全部帖子
Thank you all for sharing your  opinions! It seems that most of you prefer SH.

Kyliejet: Is your daughter studying in HY now? If so, I am lucky enough to have both parents of HY's girl and SH's girl here.  Coz read another thread, Ian has 2 daughters studying in SH now.  Million thanks if both of you can share more about your experience of studying at HY & SH respectively.
1. what is the academic level? Is it easy or difficult? What is the English and PTH level? Are there Native teachers for both languages?  How long is the English & PTH lesson? Have English & PTH lesson everyday? They will teach phonic or not.
2. Other than language, what is the curriculum focus?
3. What do you think the moral education of HY / SH?  Do you think the kindergarten help guiding your daughter to build up good personality?  Do you have any general impression on the characteristics of girls from HY / SH? They are active / creative / self-discipline / independent...?
3. Are the girls from HY / SH love reading?
4. What is the school fee for Kindergarten & primary?
Thanks both & sorry for so many questions.

15#
發表於 11-4-2 00:29 |顯示全部帖子

Ian & kyliejet please help

Ian & kyliejet, please could you share your experience?

16#
發表於 11-4-11 01:01 |顯示全部帖子
Thank you Ian and Bluegene. For primary school, teaching style of HY and SH is 傳統/活動? Students of HYPS and SHPS are love to go to school just like their KG's students as well?

17#
發表於 11-4-24 22:17 |顯示全部帖子
bb2604 thank you. Why do you think ... For sure Heep Yunn?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題