暑期活動 - 兒童軟式棒球初級訓練班(5-10y)

是個鍛鍊小朋友體能,紀律,合作性的好機會!   

由康文署資助,香港棒球總會主辦。$100,10 堂,每堂3小時。
詳情請看: http://www.hkbaseball.org/index.htm

5#
發表於 05-5-27 11:14 |顯示全部帖子

Re: 九龍區暑期活動報料站

kanas,

1.  My son joined last year.  So did the son of another BK mum.
2.  5y is minimum age.
3.  There were around 100 participants last year, min 5 coaches, sometimes 7.

4.  Kids are divided into rows according to age, (5y; 6y; 7-8y; 9-10y) then line up re height.
At first they learn :
- taking their caps off, and how / when to bow to coach, place caps in front of chest, place mittens on ground, how to shout
- warming up exercises, takes about 20 min.
- take rest quite frequently, about 2 times per session, to cool off and drink some water (because it is really vvvvv hot)
-  jog around the field
- games (running round the pins雪糕筒,team games)
after 2/3 sessions,
- how to throw a ball
- how to bat
last 2/3 sessions,
- names of positions
-  play a game of baseball
first 20-30 minutes of each session
- warming up exercise
last 20 minutes of each session
-  exercises again, to cool off
- bowing to coach, to field and to parents in thanks
Older kids (7-10) learn faster, play more games, whereas the little ones practice more.

5.  No, not dangerous, actually vvv safe, so long as the kids listen to the coaches.  The first thing they teach and emphasise on is safety, and what NOT to do.
(My son got more bruises at home than from the baseball sessions.)

6.  Apart from the course fees of $100, you need to buy baseball uniform (or wear your own, but there are some standards), plus baseball mittens (gloves), total around $350.  (Uniform plus cap costs around $150 forgot exact amount.  You can buy these at the briefing session in July - held on a Sat pm in early July, at the HK Stadium.  For baseball mittens you can also buy from Tokyo Sports.)
The bats and balls and pins are supplied by the coaches.

7.  If your boy / girl is the active type, he/she will enjoy it.  But if he/she is an output of a greenhouse, then will find it very tough.  No more babying.
The heat in July/Aug is quite intense.  I consider it very good disciplinary training, also physical training, training kids to be tougher away from being pampered in a greenhous.
Kids are expected to : answer their coaches, learn teamwork, no 打小報告- both parties will be punished, punishment is 做10/20下掌上壓.

It is quite enjoyable for parents to watch their kids being disciplined !!   

6#
發表於 05-6-1 12:05 |顯示全部帖子

LV77,

咁多種運動來說,同埋對5歲小朋友來說,大熱天時3-6pm在球場內運動,確係會幾辛苦,因為必定由0-5歲極度受保護,未試過。體力/體能不好的話,好易會唔舒服。
通常最初1hr (3-4pm)會做warm up,然後有成10-15min喝水wee-wee。4pm 後才多些games,baseball training,介時已比較涼dd。

但如果家長想讓小朋友嘗試挑戰下自己體能,學習紀律,團隊精神的話,就應該讓小朋友參加類似這種訓練。
當小朋友見到有這麼多同齡同伴也做得到,就會盡力去做。

但足歲才好讓小朋友參加。小朋友年齡相差數月,做得到的已有不同。你明年這個時候再留意棒總網頁報名la。

d教練其實好好人,會就住小朋友的能力來教。但必定會講到好嚴厲咁,因打真的棒球隊時有很多很嚴格的規矩。如小朋友不聽話不絕對服從,很易發生意外。

建議你今年帶個仔去訓練場地入場看一次,可能你和個仔都會喜歡類似training==>明年報名,但亦可能他會抗拒==>你要找其他運動如游泳/足球/乒乓球。

7#
發表於 05-6-1 13:10 |顯示全部帖子

LV77,

順利村康樂中心人造草場,星期二及四9:30 am - 12:30 pm,July 21, 26, 218, August 2,4,9,11,18,23,25.
將軍澳寶翠公園人造草場,星期六3-6pm,July 16, 23, 30, August 6, 13, 20, 27, Sept 3, 10, 17.

適合五歲以上的運動,選擇很多,可以考慮今年december讓他開始學,eg gymnastics (對手腳協調會很好),或這個暑假學swimming,整體健康好d。

足台拳道也要5y以上,太小會驚d師兄,又會被師兄欺負。
我個仔都有學,踢腳時,在家練要讓他踢藤條,藤條放幾高他就踢幾高。懶到死,唔肯練。

8#
發表於 05-6-2 12:03 |顯示全部帖子

kanas,

No.
1.  His skills are not up to required standard.  體能未掂,走得慢,常發夢,唔留心聽教練講結果唔知要做乜結果俾教練罰兔仔跳。   
2.  想真正參加棒球隊的話,要經過"考試",主要孝反應,跑速,體能。
3.  成功參加棒球隊的話,要整個星期日訓練+打比賽,還要家長陪伴。如果獲選打少棒,家長還要跟住做亞4,會有機會去外地打(廣州,etc)。要家長和小朋友都很committed,又要投入資源(交隊費,買球衣/棒/mittens etc),又要自律先溫習好功課以騰空整天星期日去打棒球。

But the 10-sessions summer courses are vvv good reallife experience of what baseball is, for kids to start to learn what baseball can offer.
Baseball is a lifelong sport.  The summer course is merely an intro to start off.

Then if the kid him/herself feels vvv interested in baseball, he will make an effort to overcome the demands and difficulties associated with playing baseball by joining a baseball team.

I heard many boys around 6-8 begging their mother to take them for the "test" (which coaches mentioned towards the end of the summer sessions) so that they can join some baseball team and receive real training + play the real game.

A cousin 堂弟of mine is a member of a HK baseball team, and I consulted him prior to joining this summer programme for my son.  He also agreed that it was good sports, safe (only the soft type of baseball is used, not the regular hard balls, though the bats are the same) and the coaches are vv experienced ones - they are devoted members of other HK baseball teams, and have to fulfill service requirements to keep their annual baseball umpire license.

I feel that the most important thing is for parents to encourage rather than discourage their kids in participating in such training in very hot weather.  Most of the cons I hear is about the weather being too hot, the sun too fierce.  But sometime you need to intro the kids into the world away from the greenhouse.      
‹ 上一主題|下一主題