發新帖
樓主: ~仔仔媽咪~
go

ADHD食葯問題...請賜教...(急!) [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-8-21 23:01 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 3# achow 的文章

achow,

Is your doctor Dr. Ho?  My son's doctor said exactly the same thing when I asked him if my son can take a "drug holiday" during the summer vacation.  

My son is also 9 years old.  He started taking Ritalin (20 mg) last year and kept on loosing weight (he's got one size smaller!!).  We then switched to Concerta (27mg) this March which seems better in terms of side effect.  Initially, Concerta worked well but as time goes by, the effect seems to be deteriorating.   The doctor said we either increase the dosage (but due to weight limit of my son, not recommend to jump to 36 mg for the time being) or switch to another medicine.   

Frankly, I'm quite frustrated in this kind of medication.  So, I'm now also trying other means, such as acupuncture (result yet to be seem), which hopefully can help my son's situation.

2#
發表於 09-8-23 00:26 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 1# ~仔仔媽咪~ 的文章

So,  I decide to let my son now have a "drug holiday" before school starts.  Though it's only one week left, I believe I can see the difference between taking & not taking the medicine.

3#
發表於 09-8-27 22:31 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 1# ~仔仔媽咪~ 的文章

仔仔媽咪:
多謝妳的資料!  以前有朋友invite我上facebook我都無考慮, 但現在我想我會上妳及妳所提及那位社工的討論區!:loveliness:
‹ 上一主題|下一主題