發新帖
樓主: dong-dong
go

cky second in,家長和小朋友一起見校長﹖ [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-10-25 12:07 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 dong-dong 於 09-10-25 10:34 發表
仔仔說2nd in全程用英文對答﹐還要讀一頁四至五行字的英文書。

what? to me this is absolutely unncessary. It's their responsibility to teach students good eng, and not to choose students with good eng!

2#
發表於 09-10-25 23:41 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 nov03bb 於 09-10-25 22:33 發表
......在面試階段不考慮自己的課程而盲目選一些未達她們預期學術水平的學生.......

oh come on, what academic level are you expecting. Afterall, they are all 5 yrs old. I think most of the good schools are choosing those with gd learning potential - being attentive, analytical, patience, observant.... It's good enough. Knowledge transmission is the main duty of school, and not getting a 5 yr old phD to their school. The focus is to choose those have potential to learn and not how much they have already learnt!

3#
發表於 09-10-26 18:48 |顯示全部帖子
To me, what constitutes a good school is their possession of self-confidence. They have the confidence in transmitting knowledge to children who have demonstrated their potential to learn. How much they have already learnt for me are totally irrelevant. If you said Eng is important in reflecting their  學術基礎 (to me it's funny in applying this term on a 5-yr old kid), why not PTH, math.....? Kids are like sponge who can absorb knowledge in great speed beyond your imagination, if there is a proper environement. This is excatly the role of what a school should deliver. There are so many examples of new immigrants who didn't even read abc on day 1 can eventaully get an A in HKCEE.That's my point.

4#
發表於 09-10-27 20:11 |顯示全部帖子
....My kid is now studying at CKY happily and loves reading, but he's not really attentive, analytical, patient or observant.

ok, now I understand the selection criteria of CKY. Thank you for your advice.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖