用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 資優教育 Absolute (perfect) Pitch Test for Gifted Children in ...
發新帖
查看: 9388|回覆: 4
go

Absolute (perfect) Pitch Test for Gifted Children in Music [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 07-4-27 23:04 |顯示全部帖子

Re: Absolute (perfect) Pitch Test for Gifted Children in Music

Regarding  "perfect pitch", my son had a precious experience last Saturday.  On that day, he had the Royal Schools of Music Cello Exam.  After the exam, the examiner came out with him and asked me if I knew my son had perfect pitch.  Then the examiner said " perfect pitch" was in-born.  He told me that my son was gifted in music and only 1 out of 20,000 people had "perfect pitch".  

I feel very thankful because the examiner is so good to let us know his talent.  We may not have the professional knowledge to recognize. My son had several piano exam before, but we had never met an examiner who was so keen to tell you the fact. Actually my son's music teacher and several people who have musical background had told me about his "perfect pitch".  But I don't believe until it is told by a professional musician.

Up till now, I have no knowledge to tell the details about "perfect pitch", but I just want to response that it should be in-born according to the examiner. Some of you may have the same experience like me before or in future.

2#
發表於 07-4-28 19:38 |顯示全部帖子

Hi cheungll

Congratulation to your daughter too!!  It's good for us to know our kid's strength and weakness so that we can help them develop their talent.

I don't know there is a test for perfect pitch until I read your mail.  My son has just done the test and he got 35 in pure tone and 36 in piano tone.

My son has learned cello for one year and had grade 3 exam last Saturday.  You are right, those who have perfect pitch should learn faster than the others.  His cello teacher said he could try grade 5 exam, but might only have a passing mark.  Since I don't want him to go too fast, I prefer to attend the grade 3 exam for the first time so that he may have a chance to get an excellent result like piano.  He has also learned piano for 3 years and will have the grade 6 exam in the coming Sept/Oct.

My son is 9 years old and we don't have any family member with perfect pitch.  I agree that they should practise more to polish their skill even though they have perfect pitch.  If not, the result is not remarkable.  

3#
發表於 07-4-29 19:30 |顯示全部帖子

Hi cheungll

It's good for both of your daughters start early to learn musical instruments.  They can complete all the exams at early age and move on to learn other interest activities.  Do they join any orchestra?

I agree that how talent the child is, practice is still the key.   Usually girls are better than boys because they are more self-discipline.  Since my son has little homework, he can spend more time to practise everyday.  But this situation will not last long because he will have more school work to do when advanced to upper class.

4#
發表於 07-4-30 17:08 |顯示全部帖子

Hi chuengll

According to you and junjunmimi's message, my son still has a long way to go as he started late to learn musical instruments. I hope he can join the orchestra in one day to widen his experience.

I find it is not easy to get full mark in aural test because one question is the music history.  Last year when my son attended the grade 5 piano exam, he could only get 15/18 in his aural test though his teacher thought he should get a full mark.  Regarding the attention to details, the same for my son, he has room for improvement though he could get 28 & 29 in the three exam pieces.  Similiar in the HK School Music Festival, though he could get the 2nd place in Grade 6 piano solo this year, he could do better if he played more details.  In the past few weeks, his teacher required him to put a clip on top of his hand when playing  scales to polish his fingering.  Everyday he needed to practise for half an hour just for this.  Therefore "perfect pitch" doesn't help my son too much in his skills.

5#
發表於 10-5-23 23:38 |顯示全部帖子
Hi cheungll

Long time no chat.  I almost forgot about this topic until someone asked you the question.

Are your daughters still playing in the Hong Kong Children's Symphony Orchestra?  My son joined the orchestra two years ago.  Nice to meet you in future if they are still playing.

原帖由 cheungll 於 07-4-29 21:36 發表
Hi christianmom,
My younger daughter is a member of her school's orchestra and the HK Children's Symphony Orchestra organised by Dr. Yip Wai Hong. They just had 2 concerts in City Hall and Tsuen Wan T ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題