教育王國 討論區 小一選校 高主教 - Release of the interview result
發新帖
樓主: dimmy
go

高主教 - Release of the interview result [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 08-11-13 16:22 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 FungMm 於 08-11-13 16:09 發表
Does anyone know how much for the school fee in next year priamry one?  Thanks.

2008 is HK$2,350 per month.  The fee for 2009 will be announced before summary holiday, i.e. around June 2009

2#
發表於 08-11-14 12:36 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 JustinJustin 於 08-11-14 01:39 發表
If there is St. Jo, RC, And St. Paul Boy,
I prefer St. Paul Boy's.

PTH is very important, is RC use PTH is the Chinese teaching medium?

Yes, RC use PTH as teaching medium in Chinese.  Besides, they teach Maths and GS in both English and Chinese.

3#
發表於 08-11-14 12:39 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 vnice 於 08-11-14 10:52 發表
As RC primary is a private school, can their students join the Gov't Central Allocation in P6? How many of the students can get a seat in RC Secondary?

Most students promote to RC Secondary school (around 80%).  Some of them with good results go to Kings, St. Jo, etc.  You can get the secondary school allocation report from their website.

4#
發表於 08-11-14 12:44 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 ting0308 於 08-11-14 10:51 發表
I got the acceptance letter from Ling Nam and RC.

Ling Nam is my husband first choice.  But I just think that RC is more famous than Ling Nam.

How can I convenice my husband to take RC rather than L ...

Obviously, academic level of RC is higher than Lingnan and RC Secondary school is better than Lingnan Secondary school (band 2 /3)

5#
發表於 08-11-14 12:54 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 npMaMa 於 08-11-14 12:44 發表

Obviously, academic level of RC is higher than Lingnan and RC Secondary school is better than Lingnan Secondary school (band 2 /3)

Also, you should not struggle in choosing between RC and Lingnan, you should consider whether it is worth to give up central allocation if you belong to Wanchai district, in other words, make choice among RC, Wah Yan and St. Jo.

From my perception,if you put Lingnan as last choice, you can still have chance to study in this school as the competition to this school is small.

6#
發表於 08-11-14 15:16 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 vnice 於 08-11-14 14:21 發表
Thanks npMaMa.  I noticed the statistics posted on website and it looks pretty good that some of the students did go to top schools.  I wonder if those students just got the places by applying for the ...

At this stage, RC secondary is still Gov't aided, so if students of RC primary can't get a place at the Discretionary Place Admission Stage, they must join the central allocation.  And majority of RC primary students will be allocated to RC secondary.

7#
發表於 08-11-14 15:41 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 ononprincess 於 08-11-14 13:37 發表
Hi npMaMa,

Thanks for your info. The office lady in RC advised that the English and PTH teachers are native speakers. Could you please confirm if this is true as this is important to assess their la ...

My son is studying in P.2.  His Eng and Chinese teachers this year and last year are Chinese.  There are several foreign teachers in RC, I guess may be they teahes Eng of higher classes.  However, the teachers do speak only Eng during Eng lessons and Mandarin during Chinese lessons, i.e. no cantonese.

I remember when I attended the orientation of RC last year.  Their student ambassadors spoke fluent English and Mandarin which impressed me a lot.  So don't worry!

8#
發表於 08-11-14 15:45 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 No.Three 於 08-11-14 15:21 發表
That is no need to give up the central allocation in P.6/F.1 stage.

I am confused, if they give up the central allocation, they need to apply to the secondary school themselves?

As far as I know, the relationship between RC primary and RC secondary, just like other schools with associated secondary school, e.g. Wah Yan, St. Paul Catholic
‹ 上一主題|下一主題