1#
發表於 09-12-2 21:29 |顯示全部帖子
just to clarify...everyone is talking about St Stephens here, not St Paul

2#
發表於 09-12-4 14:23 |顯示全部帖子
just received a letter from St Stephens which says my kid is on waiting list

3#
發表於 09-12-4 14:45 |顯示全部帖子
It may mean no one really gave up St. Stephens after Nov end govt school results annouced?

Then, the wait list may only have chance after next June Govt allocation because even some kids get other better DSS/private schools later this month or so, they may still hold the seats and dont give up the seats at St Stephens until next June.

4#
發表於 09-12-4 15:31 |顯示全部帖子
People can hold both DBS and DBJS together with St Stephens until June next year.

原帖由 dvb 於 09-12-4 15:15 發表
That's also what I think.
Only those who have clear target,  DBS or DBJS,  may release the seat before June.  The seat to be released would be minimal before June, or even after June.

5#
發表於 09-12-4 16:46 |顯示全部帖子
I guess there is quite a good chance to get a seat in the DSS/private schools finally next year if kids are on wait list.

My rationale is I am always puzzled that it looks like this year's P1 competition for DSS/private schools is much higher than last year (look at the average application no. of DSS/private schools). I undertsand schools cut down class size (small class policy) this year. But birth rate of 2004 is even a bit lower than 2003. One thing to explain this phenomenon is parents in general apply more DSS/private schools as compared to last year. As a result of this, on average some kids have more offers on hand which they need to give up all finally, except one school in June next year.

6#
發表於 09-12-4 19:55 |顯示全部帖子
Correct. Seats at SSCPS will be only given up by those have other better choice in DSS/private schools. They are likely not to tell SSCPS they give up until P1 starts school in 2010. I was not referring to luck Draw as after regististration with SSCPs, you cannot have lucky draw anyway.

But it is quite common that kids do not just have one DSS/private schools accepted so far or next 1-2 months. (as far as I know from my kids' classmates)

Problem now is quite a number of seats are on the same group of kids, unless parents make up the mind now with one school and then notice other schools they give up the seats. Otherwise the seats will be locked up until next June/July only.

One possible solution I can think of is DSS/private schools can refund part of the registration fee parents paid so far if parents can notice school about giving up places, say by end of January. (incentive to parent to report to school ASAP!)

原帖由 dvb 於 09-12-4 16:59 發表

But this may not apply to SSCPS.
1.  The registration date is so late that not many will fortfeit if they really registered.
2.  No lucky draw for the registered kids.
3.  Schools not announce resul ...

7#
發表於 09-12-4 21:07 |顯示全部帖子
even need to reconfirm, if no extra costs. Parents may still hold the seats till Jun/July

8#
發表於 09-12-5 19:03 |顯示全部帖子
wow...more than 100 waiting? How did you come up with this number?

9#
發表於 09-12-5 20:01 |顯示全部帖子
And, the chance really depends on where your kid is on the wait list...on top of the wait list or bottom

10#
發表於 09-12-6 23:04 |顯示全部帖子
Is that true? They have only sent out offers for 50% of the seats? And they are waiting to send out another 505 offer after Dec? Sounds a bit strange...Why do they want to be so passive and wait until DBS Ying Wah etc to realease results?

11#
發表於 09-12-7 12:09 |顯示全部帖子
many use this as a back up...do you think it is mainly becasue of the location and school fee or the teaching quality? Understand DBS DBG are better choices for many parents, but not many can get into DBS DBG anyway.

12#
發表於 09-12-7 13:14 |顯示全部帖子
I know Raimondi is around 150 offers & 150 waiting.

99 seats + 200 waiting in St Stephens soudns not too bad

13#
發表於 09-12-7 16:54 |顯示全部帖子
Are the 6 friends' kids from same kindergarten? Just wonder which kindergarten is so outstanding...

原帖由 bobee 於 09-12-7 16:46 發表
3 got accepted by St.Paul co-ed and I heard they have given up SSCPS.  Not sure whether they have registered SSCPS or not becoz I don't know when's St. Paul co-ed sent out the acceptance letter.  The  ...

14#
發表於 09-12-7 18:29 |顯示全部帖子
no one got reject letters?

I think as one BK parent mentioned VP said this year
they send out 200 waiting list letters

原帖由 mamay 於 09-12-7 17:19 發表

why they only send letters to part of the applicants but not all?

For those who not yet get the letter, does it mean they still have chances for acceptance?

Or those accept the "waiting" letters h ...

15#
發表於 09-12-10 13:26 |顯示全部帖子
seems not many got reject letters so far. It may mean a long waiting list

原帖由 bbone 於 09-12-8 23:49 發表

I agree. I am also on the waiting list. A friend of mine got a rejection letter 2 Fridays ago. I know at least 6 kids from our school got SSCPS' offers and 2 of them didn't register because they got ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖