用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 身邊好多細仔細囡都未有offer, 有無其他家長可以分享吓 ...
發新帖
樓主: Chincco
go

身邊好多細仔細囡都未有offer, 有無其他家長可以分享吓 ! [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-11-9 01:59 |顯示全部帖子

not a great believer

原帖由 wootaitai 於 09-11-9 00:25 發表
actually no proof that the awards are of any use ar... I regret wasting so much time on those things

My daughter has 10+ awards, I know someone with 20+ awards but also no second in with DGJS. She is ...

I'm not a great believer in impact of the awards, so my daughter (kids) don't have much - just 3.   I believe QUALITY time spend with daughter and family has more impact.   Nurture and develop the INDIVIDUAL much more important - self confidence, expression and manners.   

I think there is some truth in this small / big kid issue, but probably not the decisive.   My girl is born in August so small girl, if I remember only one rejection from Kinder (even though know one of the teachers) and her school results are not bad.  Her account of her interviews have been good and so far 2nd int with KTS.   At 2 the difference is big, but at 5 the difference is small.  

The whole system with the very "best" school amounts to lucky draw given at best it is 1-10 chance of getting a place.  Based on less then 15 minutes I think it is more a process of elimination then selection based on merit.   So if not selected does not mean kid not the best just didn't perform in that 15 minutes.  

I strongly suggest NOT to show any strong emotions to your kid when you know the result good or bad (or immediately after their account of interviews) this will only hurt them.  Ping Sum Ping Hay!  (My Chinese typing not good.)  

Our kids are luckiest one in HK as they have great parents.   My overseas friends thinks my daughter is much more mature then her counterparts in developed countries, I guess yours are too.  What we put our kids thru is madness.

Sadly, all HK kids are failed by our Government.  The gap from best and rest is so huge.   School allocation system is essentially a lucky draw - HK's 2nd mark six!  The best private schools are overwhelmed with applications, our kids face the prospect failure at a very young age else they end up getting a bad education.

The road is still very long...don't forget to enjoy route!

2#
發表於 09-11-9 17:33 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 circleda 於 09-11-9 07:30 發表
I can't agree with you - the HK kids, in general, are poor to have those pushy parents and the biggest problem in HK education system is exactly the parents! While government tried to facilitate the l ...

If I don't push my kids now then they will have PHYSICALLY push for a living when they grow up.   Its a matter of percentages, without a good education the chances of a good job is almost nil.  Without a good job then there very few options in life.   

HK education system produces kids that are and will not be able to compete with its neighbors.    Unfortunately, HK government is very self centered and now northwards looking.  It does not listen to its people or more critically does not listen to its middle class, whom are the backbone of any nation.   We are fast becoming a SAR of shop keepers and tour operators.   Even these attraction will loose its appeal in 10 years time.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題