教育王國 討論區 聖若望英文書院 聖若望英文書院... HOW SAD!!!!
發新帖
樓主: ScarlettChan
go

聖若望英文書院... HOW SAD!!!! [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-1-15 14:46 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 1# Fatrara 的文章

Hi, I would like to share my daughter's experience in the past 3 days.  Luk_Amanda's situation is very similar to mine.  My daughter is in K1 class and her 2 teachers left.  What has happened in the past 3 days, (1) the jacket and scarf was left in the school on Mon, then I called school and got it back on Tue.  On Wed, they also took it off in the school but her jacket/scarf was just put in her school bag after school, the teacher didn't be aware of the cold weather (just 10 C in temperature on Wed).  So, she got cold on Wed.  (2) My daughter's minor scraped on the face on Tue.  On Wed, School called me that my daughter's hurt on the edge of eye.  2 accidents were just minor hurt.  But I just queries if there have sufficient teachers/assistances there,  it happened twice within 3 days.  (3) Nothing in her school bag, no any notice from school, no drawings, no workings, no books…  I don't ask about the assessment, just query what they are doing in the classroom now?  When I asked my daughter about the school, she just said the teachers now in the classroom you don't know them, she also said she doesn't like them and she felt not happy.  

I really get lost…… I am very worried what's happen now in the school - seems no discipline, no teaching, no caring.  I called the school everyday and just request the group meeting to clarify all of our queries - how to solve the short-term issues (hire the professional teachers and provide sufficient manpower) and what's their new mission and policy, it would affect our decision to leave or stay.   I understand they take time to make their wishes happen.  To be honest, we cannot wait and wait without any schedule, and without any idea what they are doing.  As a parents and as a educational professionalisms, we need to sit down together and have a thorough communication / understanding so as to come out a solution.  It's not a one way communication, it should be 2-way!!!  

As a parent, we just need the clear picture and then make the decision - leave or stay…..  But, leaving is really not we want to……….

2#
發表於 10-1-20 09:27 |顯示全部帖子
I called the new principal yesterday, she told me the group meeting will be held at end of Jan or beginning of Feb.  I am looking for....

3#
發表於 10-1-21 13:40 |顯示全部帖子
I am sure that new principal knows most of parents are eager to have the meeting.  But, she still doesn't  decide the exact meeting date.  Do you think we need to STRESS them - give the message to school "Set the meeting date to school on Jan 30 (Sat) and we won't pay the usage fee until meeting is held".  What we can do are:
(1) every parent call school every day to require the group meeting held on Jan 30.  
(2) And then we can inform other parents (if you know) also to make the daily phone call to school (also require group meeting held on Jan 30).  
(3) we can daily call Educational department (tel:36984141) to mention the same wish. (Now, Educational department has communication with SJC)  Hope the stress from parents and educational department can push school to setup the group meeting and to face our concern.  What do you think?  

Principal always requires us to give her some time.  The meeting date - Jan 30 (3 weeks after Miss Chung's fired) is good enough for her meeting preparation.  

4#
發表於 10-1-25 10:44 |顯示全部帖子
Called school this morning.  They told me the school notice about parents meeting was passed to parents last Friday although I and one of parents didn't receive it.  They told me the meeting will be held this Wed(Jan 27) 4p.m.-5p.m. at 3 Flint Road (火石道).  Just let all of you know about it in case you also haven't received the school notice.  I must take leave to meet them.  Let's meet there…..

5#
發表於 10-2-3 14:09 |顯示全部帖子
I would like to share w/you about my thoughts after meeting. What the principal told us:
- the mission would not be changed (strength on English and Maths)
- Full days of K2 and K3 would be kept

After meeting and shared with other parents, understand more what the class happened in last 3 weeks - a terrible mess in my kid's class.  After the teachers left, they have 2 new teachers - one is okay, one has no any teaching experience.  She doesn't know how to handle, take care of kids, so kids don't listen to them and the class became messing...  Now's better than beginning. At least, my kid said he likes the new teachers (In the past weeks, he doesn't like them).

I am still hesitating about the teachers ability and principal's promise.  But, I also consider that (1) no K1 vacancy in other kindergartens now, (at least for better kindergarten) (2) if change to other schools now for K1 which may not be my preferred school. I may consider to change again in K2 if vacancy available in better school later. (3) Now, Kid is adapting the new teachers.  If change now, they need to adapt the new school/teacher/classmates.  And they may adapt again if change in K2.  Too many changes for K1 kids.  I don't want to change for sake of change. Unless I can find the good school now.

So, I would stay for a while and I would closely monitor my kids' feelings and teachers' performance, push school to hire experienced teachers.  

Seems school is open to listen our comments. As a parents and customers, we have right to give comment to school and I will keep communication with them in the coming months.  Let's see if they are on good track.

6#
發表於 10-2-4 12:48 |顯示全部帖子
I sent personal message to you.  Please read.

7#
發表於 10-2-24 13:56 |顯示全部帖子
Hi, 2 teachers were replaced in my kid's class after Miss Chung left.  This week, one of new teachers resigned and have another new one.  School hasn't informed us.  Just my kid told me a little bit and then I called school to clarify.  My kid is not happy again because she built trust with this teacher in the past month.  

Honestly, I don't think school can hire the teacher with good quailty and experience in the middle of year term.  The part of new teachers also treat it as a interim job, has no commitment, no passion, no experience.  

As parents, we always need to check school's situation via other parents information, kids limited feedback and babykom.  School don't have enough communication to parents.  I have been very tired about it.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題