發表於 10-7-29 01:31 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 happyjess 於 10-7-27 12:35 發表
我知今年d 小六生自行選校或考直資都派得幾好, 暫時知道以下:

1. 一個男生: SPCC
2. 兩個男生: La Salle College
3. 兩個男生: Queen’s College
4. 兩個男生: St Paul’s College (般咸道)
5. 一個男生: 香港華仁

I heard one student to 沙田培橋 and one to 將軍澳播道 but I think both are not the top students

2#
發表於 10-7-29 01:38 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 happyjess 於 10-7-29 00:40 發表

btw, 中小學是不同校長的, 對於中學部譚校長, 印象都很正面的, 只是小學那邊.......

I think most ex P6 parent got same point of view about the principle.

[ 本帖最後由 continent 於 10-7-29 01:40 編輯 ]

3#
發表於 10-7-29 01:47 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 happyjess 於 10-7-29 00:24 發表
總括而言, 我們都沒有後悔!!
因仔在這幾年裡, 的確度過了愉快的校園生活.
但作為家長的我們, 便比較辛苦, 要不斷督促溫習.
而且
同學們及家長們都很好, 中間只有良性競爭, 沒明爭暗鬥的情況出現..

I agreed that point as well.  We have really good relationship among the parents. We help each other but the challenge is how to push the kid to study.  That is what we worry.  Unfortuntely, we are not top 10% and have to stay with the school.

4#
發表於 10-7-29 01:54 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 happyjess 於 10-7-29 01:11 發表
但是連一些基本都沒有時, 會不會過份少少?
例如英文潦草, 到現在畢業, 很多同學不懂看更不懂寫.
一些英文的tenses, 一般學校會要求背 catch caught caught, forget forgot forgotten等, 但優小並沒有這些, 我見很多 ...

We are behind as well.  I found most of my son's classmate already know how to do the handwriting script since P6.  He just start doing it now during summer holiday.  Hopefully, he can  take notes faster in the future.

[ 本帖最後由 continent 於 10-7-29 01:57 編輯 ]

5#
發表於 10-7-29 02:08 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 中天英 於 10-7-29 01:23 發表
其實這些數據是中學部的, 我知道中學部是不差的, 公開試成績都很好,
- 咁好, 又睇吓小學部既數據
1) 全級G5學生都會考Cambridge Flyers 英文試, 有99%合格( 9 shields or above ), 90% Merit ( 12 shields or above ...

If I am not wrong, G5 and G6 students done some mock paper before the exam.  Their dictionary word list include some vocabulary. That may be reason they got good result.  According to my son, Ket is even easier than Flyer last year.  I think they are lucky to get such good result.

6#
發表於 10-7-29 02:54 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 中天英 於 10-7-29 01:36 發表
一些英文的tenses, 一般學校會要求背 catch caught caught, forget forgot forgotten, 但優小並沒有這些, 我見很多同學仔真的不懂這些, 上到中學, 會否很難追呢 ??

- 似乎你好相信背誦/操練係學習既主要手段, 而優才又偏偏少呢家野, 所以你覺得學生懶散, 老師又唔係點教書, 係咪?

I think GT school had many good teachers in the past but some of them moved to MongKok. Some of them left the school.  In last few years, the school put more resource to secondary school and Mongkok school.  The senior primary school got very limited resource. I heard 3 NET leaving the school next year.  It will have more new face next year.

I got an example. One of my son's teachers just keep saying his homework is no good but never point out the issue. My son is afraid to ask her any questions. If you ask her, she just say it is so simple. Everybody know why you don't know.  But it is lucky.  My son only got only one teacher like that in last 2 years.

For Math subject, the teacher provides additional exercise if the student request it.  The learning attitude is still positive in my son' class.  His class should have around 90% students stay but let see whether that is true in the end of August.

[ 本帖最後由 continent 於 10-7-29 03:13 編輯 ]

7#
發表於 10-7-29 03:07 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 happyjess 於 10-7-28 16:11 發表
3. 數學比賽如奧林匹克數, 全港數學精英比賽..etc, 只選幾個同學代表, 但校方沒提供任何訓練, 老師連督促學生自己溫習的意識都欠奉..

4. 還有, 一些其他體育比賽, eg 足球, 羽毛球, 多數沒有
老師帶隊, 只要求個別隊員家長幫手, 贏輸學校不過問!!

It was joke for inter-school Maths competition. My sons joined few events and he told me once he can answer only less than 10% of the questions. I think it is so shame to join such event without proper preparation.

For sport, the school just show-off the result but I dont see they really put effort to help them to get the good result.

[ 本帖最後由 continent 於 10-7-29 09:59 編輯 ]

8#
發表於 10-7-30 21:51 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 happyjess 於 10-7-30 19:38 發表
被“勸籲”離開的都是band 3 成績學生,差到甚麼程度不知道. 但其中一人是有讀寫障礙的

I think I may not aware the issue or may not happened in my son's class.  The principle would not “勸籲” band 3 student to leave the school but just give them hard time to the student and parent.
Give them pressure to improve or quit in G6  But I do see one girl from fail in G5 Math to get top result in G6 after the tough time.  Principle's face has no more smile compare to 5/6 years ago.

I do know one case for the student with discipline issue. The school highly recommend them to leave the school.  Also, the school would label students with discipline issue those would have hard time always.

Also, few my son's friend moved to international school due to pressure in last few years.

[ 本帖最後由 continent 於 10-7-30 21:59 編輯 ]

9#
發表於 10-7-30 22:02 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 continent 於 10-7-30 21:51 發表

I think I may not aware the issue or may not happened in my son's class.  The principle would not “勸籲” band 3 student to leave the school but just give them hard time to the student and parent.

The school would only use 侮過書 as tool for those labeled student.

10#
發表於 10-7-30 22:03 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 continent 於 10-7-30 21:51 發表

The school would only use 侮過書 as tool for those labeled student.  I don't think that is good approach.  I understand G6 is the worse level compare other with the talent and discipline issue students all together.  I don't think the school know howto manage them.

[ 本帖最後由 continent 於 10-7-30 22:08 編輯 ]

11#
發表於 10-7-31 02:33 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 evacalbee 於 10-7-30 23:40 發表
是學校標榜資優教育,專科專教,資優學生出去參加奧數比賽,竟然只懂得10%!?.

I think I should do correction here.  The paper with 10% corrected answer with my son. Even I can only get 20% ~ 30% questions answered correctly.  It was very tough one.  I should not blame the school. But I just want to remind that is not much support from school in that area that all depending on parent support.

12#
發表於 10-7-31 02:47 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 20101101 於 10-7-30 22:21 發表
How come a school use 「悔過書」as a tool to educate students even though they have study or behavioural problems. Honestly, this is not a way to improve the situation, but a way to get rid of the stu ...

It is good point. But I would like to confirm the school use 悔過書 for student only with behavioral problems.  They don't have better approach and just asked them to write 悔過書 repeatedly until they accept the content.  My son still don't know what's wrong up to now. Honest speaking, we already consider the school is kind of traditional school at least in primary school.

The primary school got social worker before. If I am not wrong, it was 4 years ago.  I heard she didn't work out with the principle and there are no more social worker for primary school anymore afterward.

[ 本帖最後由 continent 於 10-7-31 02:49 編輯 ]

13#
發表於 10-7-31 02:57 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 evacalbee 於 10-7-30 23:40 發表
其實我覺得奇怪的是,如果真係教得咁差,點解考公開試又有咁好成績呢?唔通個個媽媽臨考公開試都勁谷小朋友,所以出得好成績?如果真係,優才的家長質素真係好高!

我唔係懷疑那位媽媽說謊。因為我覺得教小朋友,真係要家校合作。我覺得最傷心的,是小朋友明明有錯,但老師永遠只有一個剔,這個我覺得不容許。.

I think the kid's english background is quite good. They don't have to do much exercise but still be getting good result but honestly, the exam is not that difficult.

For the second issue, I think it all depends on the teacher.   Specially for NET (western), they are more relax.  From their point of view, they just want to encourage the kid to do more writing.  Grammar is not this stage to do correction. "We is" can be fixed in long term.  HKers don't use english grammar everyday.  It will take longer time for them to get use of it.

[ 本帖最後由 continent 於 10-7-31 14:05 編輯 ]

14#
發表於 10-8-5 00:18 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 happyjess 於 10-8-4 12:22 發表
實際情況是這樣的:

約五年前, 學校推行G3 用NET做班主任制度, 目的是希望小朋友有多些用英語互動的機會.

四年前的 G3, 一天上課時, 其中一位同學於上堂時騷擾隔鄰同學, 被NET用一條粗電線 (不知從哪裡找出來的?)  ...

I think I should not reply here. Anyway, I heard that is mic 線.  The student was 過度活躍.  In fact, there are many 過度活躍 students in G6 grade last year that cause damage in last 6 years for that participate group of students.  Unfortunately, my son is part of those.

15#
發表於 10-8-5 01:00 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 ch 於 10-8-4 16:38 發表
今年會考成績比自己預期差,當初L教授好似講過預期會有人8A, 同埋考3,4個A唔難,點知...........

I heard there are 2 G10 students took GCE last year and jump to F6 last year .  Not sure any implication ?

[ 本帖最後由 continent 於 10-8-5 01:02 編輯 ]

16#
發表於 10-8-5 01:01 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 iamderek 於 10-8-4 14:03 發表
看了今年的會考成績,生物科明顯較弱。請問是那一年開始要中二生考IGCSE生物科呢?

Does IGCE really equal to GCE ?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題