搜索
教育王國 討論區 升中派位 DBS 面試
發新帖
查看: 19696|回覆: 10
go

DBS 面試 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-2-2 09:26 |顯示全部帖子
My son's interview last year consisted of two parts: one by an English teacher while another one by a Chinese teacher.  He had to read passages and phrases (some words which he didn't know how to pronounce) and answer questions in relation to them.  Then some personal information questions.

2#
發表於 10-2-3 14:33 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 jsmum 於 10-2-3 12:17 發表
La Sa 暗示會收,咁星期六去不去DBS試呢?

Why not have a trial?  

DBS will have 2nd interview: audition for musical instruments or trial for sports.

3#
發表於 10-2-5 23:53 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 youma 於 10-2-5 21:49 發表
dbs 要唔要 second in?
有少少緊張...

Yes, there was 2nd in for my son last year.

4#
發表於 10-2-6 23:15 |顯示全部帖子
Hi, DKmum and SaSaMummy,

My kid is now studying in G. 7 (i.e. F. 1) in DBS.

The first interview took place on 14th February last year while the 2nd interview was held on 28th Feb.  He was asked to do audition at the 2nd interivew.  

During the audition, besides playing one piece of music which he practised beforehand at home, the interviewer also asked him to do one extra piece.  He was then asked some  personal questions and also questions relating to the muscial instrument which he played. I am not sure how many were selected for the 2nd in.  He was offered a place by the end of March.

He enjoys his school life very much.  There are only 4 newcomers in his class.  He mixes well with his classmates.  

There are not many homework but lots of projects.  Out of 18 subjects, only Maths and P.E. have no project work.  Some projects are done individually while others are in groups.

The school emphasizes very much on discipline which I appreciate very much.  There are strict school rules which students have to stick to.
Academic-wise, his classmates are all very bright.
My kid likes the school very much.

5#
發表於 10-2-7 16:49 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 DKmum 於 10-2-7 00:06 發表

Thanks goodmum97.   Since some DSS school will release result earlier, just if I accept offer from that  DSS school, can I change my mind if we have offer from DBS later?

DKmum,

Surely you can.

My son got the offer from St. Paul Co-edu in mid March last year.  When DBS gave us the offer in end March, we just went back to SPCC and got back the 'Primary 6 Student Record Form'.  Of course, you could provide them with a letter stating the reason for withdrawal politely.

6#
發表於 10-2-8 15:11 |顯示全部帖子
hi, cowboymama,

Please check p.m.

7#
發表於 10-2-9 23:42 |顯示全部帖子
BTW, as to your boy's audition in DBS last year, was the examiner Mr Ronnie Cheng, Dean of Culture? Just curious to know.
UNQUOTE

You are right.  My kid said he is nice.

8#
發表於 10-2-20 22:12 |顯示全部帖子
Hi, SaSaMummy,

There are 6 classes, namely D, S, P, J, M and T.

Top 50% of students will be allocated to classes D, S and P.
Out of these students, the best 18 students in each of the core subject (i.e. English, Chinese and Maths) will form a stream, namely Stream X.

Students are allocated as follows:
The top 43 boys in English will be allocated to Class D;
The top 43 boys in Chinese of the remaining students will be allocated to Class S and the remaining students within this group including those taking French will be allocated to class P.

The group of students attaining below 50% or students who fail in one core subject will be streamed randomly to J, M or T classes.
Students in these classes are permitted to attend at most two of the remedial classes for English, Chinese and Maths.

Students have lots of projects and presentation work.
In the second term, they are also required to write script of at least 10 pages long for drama class.
I find that my kid’s English, computer and presentation skill as well as self-confidence have improved a lot.

All in all, I am very satisfied with the kid studying in DBS.

9#
發表於 10-2-22 23:16 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 SaSaMummy 於 10-2-22 14:09 發表
Dear goodmum97,

Thanks for the detail.

Are they based on the PS1 result to allocate the class? Tks.

Regards

DBS has its own streaming assessment for class allocation purpose.  It is held before the date set for the HKAT for PS1.

The assessment consists of 3 core subjects.  They are much more difficult than HKAT for PS1.

10#
發表於 10-2-22 23:30 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 cowboymama 於 10-2-22 23:20 發表
Hi goodmum97,

My son luckily gets the chance for DBS audition on 6 March (Also he’ll take the SPCC interview on 27 Feb). According to your son’s last year experience in DBS audition, if you don’t ...

The audition was conducted in Cantonese.

No specific timing for the 2 pieces.

The questions were not related to musical theory.  They were just some personal questions and some questions on his musical instrument.

Students are free to join the orchestra if they like.  There is no compulsory issue.  My kid hasn't joined the orchestra.

11#
發表於 10-2-23 23:34 |顯示全部帖子
hi, peelychu,

I'm sorry that I have no idea about sports trial.

hi, mayc,

They have drama class every alternate week.  It is taught by a native English speaker.  They have learnt different drama terms, important criteria/techniques of writing short storeis, basic story template etc.  During class, they were given opportunities to develop their creativity and self-confidence by acting and performing.  Each lesson is interesting and fun-filling.

The script is done on individual basis, not group project.  

Hope this clarifies your queries.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題