用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 資優教育 點解一講係資優...d朋友家長就開始排斥我地?? ...
發新帖
樓主: suiyiu922
go

點解一講係資優...d朋友家長就開始排斥我地??   [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-5-17 18:33 |顯示全部帖子
回復 peremum 的帖子

Hi peremum,

I can't agree more for your option on jumping grade. Yes kids need time to play with their peers. Without this enjoyment, they will probably regret. Having say so, I think (am planning) to let my son to skip 1-2 subjects in the coming P1. In fact he is still in K3 and I think the school may allow him to skip since my kid has completed CTY Accelerated Math recently. Of course it's subjected to his teacher approval and whether he is mature enough to mix with senior students. If he is really suitable to jump 1-2 subjects I think he can still have time enjoying mixing with peers while keep him be challenged. Just my own option.

2#
發表於 12-5-17 20:49 |顯示全部帖子
回復 peremum 的帖子

Hi peremum,

My son will go to GT this fall. I choose this partly because it allows jumping subjects.

For CTY, I registered through internet this Jan. I think you need to provide IQ scores to them. My kid can study any math level before he reaches P2. At this age he needs to sit for SCAT if he wants to continue CTY. Now I will stop for a while and I will teach him by myself. Hope this help.

點評

peremum  Thank you Aerosol_Ma.  發表於 12-5-18 11:34

3#
發表於 12-5-23 09:53 |顯示全部帖子
回復 edwardwah 的帖子

GT (Ellen Yeung) College. 優才.

4#
發表於 12-5-24 09:58 |顯示全部帖子
回復 edwardwah 的帖子

Hi edwardwah,

My kid will join this Sep so all the info I know is from BK or through the school.

For sure the number of gifted children in GT is not very high.

They "claim" that they have three levels of academic support.

I was told by a BK parent that if they know your kid isgifted with good academic performance, they tolerance is higher. Of course itall depends on individual. I guess as long as they finish all the work anddon't "disturb" other kids, the teacher will allow a certain “freedom”.
I just met my kid English teacher duringparents’ day. She told me that my son seem “not focus” when she talked but heknows all the contents. He is just “selective”, focusing more on those subjectshe like, i.e. planets, rockets, etc. She is okay with him even though he is notalways “looking” at her during the class.

Any present GT parents can share?

‹ 上一主題|下一主題