搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 University Acceptance
發新帖
樓主: mommom017
go

University Acceptance [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 13-6-13 00:51 |顯示全部帖子
Not saying HKIS' college acceptances aren't extraordinary, but quite a number of students at HKIS have legacy, which makes it a bit easier for them to get in...

2#
發表於 13-6-13 19:01 |顯示全部帖子
Shootastar 發表於 13-6-13 09:34
回復 arielle.w 的帖子

Legacy only plays a part in case of borderline case. Even so, if your parents ...
I don't think average SAT and AP scores are necessarily the major reasons of HKIS' excellent college acceptances. Nowadays, excellent SAT and AP/ IB scores can't guarantee admission into top U.S. colleges anymore, since almost everyone who applies has each SAT component score of 700+. Looking at the figures presented in HKIS' profile, the mean SAT scores of 641 in CR, 682 in Math and 658 in Writing wouldn't actually qualify anyone to gain admission to these elite colleges we are talking about earlier. (but of course, the MEAN score does not exactly reflect the academic excellency of some particular students) But if you compare these figures to CIS (http://www.cis.edu.hk/data/files ... l_profile_12132.pdf), where mean SAT scores of Class of '12 are 669 in CR, 704 in Math and 677 in Writing, figure wise, CIS' students appear more "worth" to their excellent college placements.
I brought up legacy as one of the contributing factors of HKIS' college acceptances because I have indeed seen such cases. (not only from HKIS, but also from other IS)
‹ 上一主題|下一主題