搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 港大同學會小學VS嘉諾撒聖心學校
發新帖
查看: 6279|回覆: 0
go

港大同學會小學VS嘉諾撒聖心學校 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-6-27 12:26 |顯示全部帖子
Odd as it may sound, nowadays, we should not rely on schools to teach anymore, especially those so-call "top notch" schools.  Just review the textbook used, the students work and the exam context, one can easily find that none of them match.  Easy cirriculum, difficult exams but somehow most students get 90+.  Why?

Thus, I don't think getting parents more involved officially is really a bad thing as parents need to get involved anyway.  After all, this is also our duty as parents too.  To me, the key is what to get involved in.  I don't mind making projects with my kids.  Yet, I do mind drilling my kids to enhance his dictation skills or math speed at small age.  

Another important thing to me is proper value building.  Most famous government subsidized schools have changed to self funding.  In the past, these schools have students from all kinds of background.  Look at what happened last few years?  Many of them were transformed to "noble and rich" schools.  Yes, there may still be a small percentage of pupils from normal families.  Yet, I am scared of thinking what my kids would turn out if being rasied in such distorted environment.

I picked HKUGA over one of the top school in town.  No regret whatsoever.   

Disclaimer - I like to take my kids to go to wet markets more than to fancy shopping malls.  Readers beware of how odd I can be.

[ 本帖最後由 easydad 於 11-6-27 12:28 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題